+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney View Post
    I don't think I would actually compare Ace with Constantine. Personally I felt like Constantine "tried" to be sexy and just came off as gross. AND in need of a shower. Ace seems like he has real talent and he does know how to play to the camera, but not in an "in your face, I'm the MAN" kind of way. He's also far better looking than that "other" one. Plus I think he has real talent. I know he's got the teenage girl votes for sure.
    Yeah, Ace feels to me a lot more natural than Constantine did. I always felt like Constantine was "being sexy" but really kind of laughing about it. Ace is just being sexy because he is. Now, with C it became a lot more exaggerated over the course of the year, so it's possible that I'll get sick of Ace RSN, but at the moment he is a lot better than C was IMO.

I wondered if he ws Gay also. It was his demeanor, and did I see a hankerchief in is back pocket? The way Paula said something about girls liking him and then added guys too....in a romantic sort of way.

I didn't think he was until I saw him last night. His kind gentle self aware demeanor is appealing to all sexes. I was curious if he was so I came to the thread to see what the chat was about. I was surprised to find the discussion and almost felt validated for wondering, as other have too.

I like him, I think he's great and will go far or win. Gay or straight no matter, I was just curious.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
    I wondered if he ws Gay also. It was his demeanor, and did I see a hankerchief in is back pocket? The way Paula said something about girls liking him and then added guys too....in a romantic sort of way.

I didn't think he was until I saw him last night. His kind gentle self aware demeanor is appealing to all sexes. I was curious if he was so I came to the thread to see what the chat was about. I was surprised to find the discussion and almost felt validated for wondering, as other have too.

I like him, I think he's great and will go far or win. Gay or straight no matter, I was just curious.
    So a handkerchief in the back pocket is now a tell tale sing of gaydom? Man I am more out of the loop than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    My 2 cents. The X factor plays into this competition more & more as the seasons pass. This has gone beyond a recording contract into a full blown celebrity thing. The show is looking for someone that can garner national advertising campaigns, they are looking for someone to grace the covers of countless magazines, they are looking for someone that is a major marketing campaign in the waiting. The camera absolutely loves the guy. And when that person can also sing & sell millions of albums that is where the bonus comes in. Right or wrong the winner has to be bright, articulate, good looking, & someone that is going to appeal across many age groups.Ace fits this bill in every way. I see him as the winner.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, razorbacker! It isn't just about who the best singer is, it's about who the most financially viable singer is. Let's face it, this is entertainment for us, but the bottom line is the almighty dollar. I don't know if Ace will win this, but I can see why the judges are promoting him. $$ Ching-ching, Ching-ching! $$

FORT Regular
    I definitely got the gay vibe thing last night. He totally acts like a gay guy who's trying very hard to appear straight.

As for the George Michael thing... No, choosing George Michael doesn't make him gay, but it's definitely more of an indication than someone singing Elton John. Elton John may be gay, but he has a very broad fanbase - men and women, gay and straight. Whereas there are not a whole lot of straight men who will admit that they like George Michael (even back when he was still in the closet).

And, come on, just his bio alone screams gay. He doesn't mention girls in any of his answers or give any indication that he's straight, and what about his comment - "7 years old, I walked face first into a mailbox while talking with a love interest.". Any straight guy would've said "a girl I liked" or "a girl I was in love with", not the very gender neutral "a love interest". I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to say "boy" but the producers made him change it. That just seems like a really odd thing to say.

I'm not saying he's definitely gay, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some backstage action between he and Ryan Seacrest - oh wait, that's a different topic altogether.
    Last edited by MrRealityShow; 02-23-2006 at 08:41 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    Why on earth would anyone think this guy is gay just because he chose a George Michael song. Nothing that I can see about him gives off gaydar readings. He seems pretty masculine and regular guyish to me. To assume because of song choice, the singer has the same predilections as the person who made the song a hit is ridiculous. So everyone who sings a Michael Jackson song is a pedophile, an Elton John song is gay, and a Stevie Wonder song is blind? How silly!
    I don't think he meant that Ace must be gay because George Michael is gay. It's not about who the singer *is*, it's about who the singer *appeals to*. Both Elton John and Michael Jackson appeal to very broad audiences. Whereas with George Michael - it's pretty much mostly straight women and gay men! So I think you're a bit off on your analogy there.

I think Paula meant that he would have universal appeal - all people would find him sexy and attractive and smouldering. In other words, he'll get the votes!

Hey, Ace! Sniff! Sniff! I smell one of those special "shopping sprees" from Paula coming up for you juuuust around the corner! Hang in there!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRealityShow View Post
    I don't think he meant that Ace must be gay because George Michael is gay. It's not about who the singer *is*, it's about who the singer *appeals to*. Both Elton John and Michael Jackson appeal to very broad audiences. Whereas with George Michael - it's pretty much mostly straight women and gay men! So I think you're a bit off on your analogy there.
    My very cultured, straight brother likes Culture Club, enough to burn some of their songs. George Michael is the lead singer of CC.

As for the love interest thing...does anyone know they're gay at 7? What if he had a crush on a really older girl? And is sort of embarrassed by it now?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Actually I think that was a pull on cap that was in his back pocket.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    My very cultured, straight brother likes Culture Club, enough to burn some of their songs. George Michael is the lead singer of CC.
    When did he become lead singer of Culture Club??? Am I out of the loop on that one?? What happened to Boy George?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread