+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by shananana View Post
    I don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that he's gay. Sure, he sang a George Michael song, and George Michael is gay, but just because he knows who George Michael is doesn't mean he's gay. If he's a true music lover, then he will know who his favorite artists and songs are regardless of the artist's sexuality. Hell, Elton John is gay, and I don't know very many people who don't know who he is---are they all gay? Granted, Elton John has been around a lot longer, both are great singers/performers and are well-known by music lovers, so I don't find this to be a good basis for calling him gay, nor do I get any gay vibes from him. Just an opinion.
    Wasn't the song that Taylor Hicks sang last night an Elton John song and if so does that mean that he is gay also. People, please don't read more into things than you should. The first guy sang a Melissa Etheridge song so what does that say about him. He longs to be a gay woman, they all just sang a song and why should we care.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Thank you!
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I don't find him one bit attractive. Yuck. Did he make it through so Paula can seduce this one too? He won't last.

I think he made it so her guy friends can seduce him LOL

FORT Fogey
    I think Ace is overrated somewhat, but he's obviously going to be around for a while.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    Wasn't the song that Taylor Hicks sang last night an Elton John song and if so does that mean that he is gay also. People, please don't read more into things than you should. The first guy sang a Melissa Etheridge song so what does that say about him. He longs to be a gay woman, they all just sang a song and why should we care.
    Amen!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Why on earth would anyone think this guy is gay just because he chose a George Michael song. Nothing that I can see about him gives off gaydar readings. He seems pretty masculine and regular guyish to me. To assume because of song choice, the singer has the same predilections as the person who made the song a hit is ridiculous. So everyone who sings a Michael Jackson song is a pedophile, an Elton John song is gay, and a Stevie Wonder song is blind? How silly!

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    So everyone who sings a Michael Jackson song is a pedophile, an Elton John song is gay, and a Stevie Wonder song is blind? How silly!
    The "blind" comparison was too funny, aname! Good call!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Regular
    Ace is this years Constantine. An adequate singer with a lot of sex appeal. Probably make it farther then any of the males besides Chris. It wont be because of his actual singing ability.

I don't think I would actually compare Ace with Constantine. Personally I felt like Constantine "tried" to be sexy and just came off as gross. AND in need of a shower. Ace seems like he has real talent and he does know how to play to the camera, but not in an "in your face, I'm the MAN" kind of way. He's also far better looking than that "other" one. Plus I think he has real talent. I know he's got the teenage girl votes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasteroven1973 View Post
    Ace is this years Constantine. An adequate singer with a lot of sex appeal. Probably make it farther then any of the males besides Chris. It wont be because of his actual singing ability.
    It kind of seems that way so far. He does make dopey faces but no way near the dopey kind of faces Constantine made. I've been underwhelmed by him so far but thought he did pretty well last night...so we'll see.

+ Reply to Thread