+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

He's this year's Carrie Underwood. He can do all safe, boring songs for the rest of the competition and sail on through to the final 2.

I will be interested to see if he can get better once he controls his nerves. Right now, his nerves seem to be hurting his range. I wasn't very impressed with his singing ability.

I'm not impressed. Ace seems very average. His singing is average at best, his charisma is so-so, and his looks are mannequin-like (he's cute because he lacks major flaws, not because he's got something attractive like gorgeous eyes or a cute lip curl or something of that nature).

FORT Regular
    I'm not a gay man, but I am a straight woman who has lived with and is friends with a lot of gay men, and as soon as I heard he would sing George Michael, I was pretty sold on the idea. My sister said "He can't be!" and I said "Honey, if he was straight he wouldn't even know who George Michael is!" Not that it matters to me anyhow, he will sell records to a varied audience and THAT is the most important thing in American Idol, is it not?

With that said, I do absolutely adore the guy, he is VERY charismatic, even if you feel he's not *the* most attractive, the way he draws you in through his eyes, etc, his stage presence. I must say he's wonderful, and gives me warm gooshies regardless of his sexual preference. I did find it a little bit creepy.. the song he chose. I don't know, it just seems creepy to me.. "I will be your daddy.." Uh.. eeks!

Earlier this week, I described his singing style to my friend as "kinda breathless, like George Michael". Imagine my surprise to see him choose a George Michael song and do an EXCELLENT job with it.

BTW, regarding the gay comments, if Ace choosing this song makes him gay, then what is everyone saying about Taylor Hicks choosing the Elton John song?? And what about the contestants who choose a Michael Jackson song... does that say something is different about their lifestyle??

Just some food for thot.....

Premium Member
    I loved him last night. I'm not a fan of that song but he pulled it off great and made me like it. Plus he was pretty hot looking. Hope to see him around for awhile.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I thought he did a great job last night. Loved the performance.

Marley, I agree with you, he is pretty good looking
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Alcina View Post
    I'm not a gay man, but I am a straight woman who has lived with and is friends with a lot of gay men, and as soon as I heard he would sing George Michael, I was pretty sold on the idea. My sister said "He can't be!" and I said "Honey, if he was straight he wouldn't even know who George Michael is!" Not that it matters to me anyhow, he will sell records to a varied audience and THAT is the most important thing in American Idol, is it not?

With that said, I do absolutely adore the guy, he is VERY charismatic, even if you feel he's not *the* most attractive, the way he draws you in through his eyes, etc, his stage presence. I must say he's wonderful, and gives me warm gooshies regardless of his sexual preference. I did find it a little bit creepy.. the song he chose. I don't know, it just seems creepy to me.. "I will be your daddy.." Uh.. eeks!
    Um...I know alot of straight guys who know George Michael and the "father figure" song...people shouldn't stereotype

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire&Ice View Post
    Um...I know alot of straight guys who know George Michael and the "father figure" song...people shouldn't stereotype
    I could be completely clueless, but I'm not getting a gay vibe from Ace. He just seems like your average LA/Hollywood pretty boy who probably gets to cut lines and hang out in VIP just bc he is pretty.

But this is only my opinion.

giz
    My two cents: he is lovely looking and I thought he did well on the song. Seems to have a pretty good range, and sang as if he believed it, which is half the battle.

I don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that he's gay. Sure, he sang a George Michael song, and George Michael is gay, but just because he knows who George Michael is doesn't mean he's gay. If he's a true music lover, then he will know who his favorite artists and songs are regardless of the artist's sexuality. Hell, Elton John is gay, and I don't know very many people who don't know who he is---are they all gay? Granted, Elton John has been around a lot longer, both are great singers/performers and are well-known by music lovers, so I don't find this to be a good basis for calling him gay, nor do I get any gay vibes from him. Just an opinion.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

+ Reply to Thread