+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ayla Brown - Season 5

I really enjoy Ayla's performances. Last night wasn't her best; however, she definately did better than Kinnik, Paris and Kellie, so I'm hoping she will survive this week. I actually really like the song she sang - it is on the radio all the time, so being familiar with it may have helped me a bit. I think she did a good job, but nothing outstanding.

Ayla has sung ballads in the previous weeks, so I understand why she chose a faster song - - she just didn't want to be known as the girl who could only sing ballads. Plus, she chose a song that is current, hoping to "update" her whole appearance. Randy was right when he said that the song just didn't showcase her range (paraphrasing here, obviously). The fact that Ayla was barely even shown on AI during the auditions and during the Hollywood episodes may also have worked against her - I feel like people "know" the other contestants (especially Kellie and Paris) a little better, so they have a larger fan base. Also, the fact that she is a bit more "reserved" than the other contestants may also be hurting her, since we only see her personality here and there in her clips.

As far as the females go, I'm really pulling for Ayla and Katherine; however, I think this year's winner is going to be of the opposite sex - has to be Chris (and I'm pulling for him too)!
    Last edited by lovesrealitytv; 03-08-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    I feel like people "know" the other contestants (especially Kellie and Paris) a little better...
    Which can backfire if people think they have seen enough of one person ( so to speak ).
    I like the low profile approach of Ayla ,
    together with her singing.
    And i think she`ll do very well in the whole competition.

But i would marry Kellie...

FORT Fanatic

Ayla vs. Kellie

I still think sooner or later people will grow bored with
    the whole country bumpkin. I'm tired of it already.
    Ayla seems to be working so hard and barely getting any credit for it. Just because she isn't - I don't know- from the backwoods - doesn't mean she isn't great.

I think she deserves alot of credit. She actually probably has a wonderful recording voice.

I didn't have much respect for her until last night, when she went against the tide of expectations on AI and actually sang something contemporary, and well. The judges were nothing short of two-faced for criticizing her for singing a typical pop song, but very well, while simultaneously cheering Kellie Pickler for doing a barely tolerable job with something less mainstream.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    . . .Sometimes I really don't understand why the judges hype some of the other people. I would much rather listen to Ayla then Kelly Pickler anyday.
    Maybe because it's all about marketing, and the judges figure that U.S. Americans will buy idiotic and babbling much more readily than educated and articulate.
    (Of course, they do give Mandisa well-deserved praise -- and she's talented, confident, and articulate. So what the heck do I know? )
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I didn't have much respect for her until last night, when she went against the tide of expectations on AI and actually sang something contemporary, and well. The judges were nothing short of two-faced for criticizing her for singing a typical pop song, but very well, while simultaneously cheering Kellie Pickler for doing a barely tolerable job with something less mainstream.
    AMEN Krom!!!!!!!!!!

I like Ayla & I love the song "Unwritten." She did a great job!
    The Dill Pickle ain't got it!!! Can we say "over-rated?"

Gooooo Ayla!!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    Ayla seems to be working so hard and barely getting any credit for it. Just because she isn't - I don't know- from the backwoods - doesn't mean she isn't great.

I think she deserves alot of credit. She actually probably has a wonderful recording voice.
    I agree 100%. Why were they so "surprised" at how well she sang the last few weeks? If they didn't think she had a great voice, why did they keep her through Hollywood? The judges are telling the younger girls to sing "younger" songs. Ayla does it, and does it well, and they tell her she shouldn't have sung something that is so new. I just don't get it. I hope she has another week to prove she deserves to be in this competition more than Kellie and Paris (and possibly Melissa).
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

[FA edit]

But there are some good female singers this year alltogether.
    With Ayla , Mandisa , Lisa , Katherine and yes...Kellie too.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2006 at 10:33 AM. Reason: removed comments not about Ayla

Poor Ayla! This is probably the first time the kid ever lost at anything, and it has to be on national TV.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think she'll land on her feet though, she has her college education in the bag with the scholarship to Boston College, and there are also good music schools in that areas, or she can start taking music as part of her education.

If she wants it bad enough, she can make her singing dream come true.

+ Reply to Thread