+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ayla Brown - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by thiathefroggie View Post
    Her father is the state senator of Massachusetts-- Sen Scott Brown. Her mother is a tv news anchor WCVB-Tv. I have nothing against Ayla, maybe its just that my pauper fingers cannot be bothered to dial the idol number of a girl who probably skiing in the alps or whatever cool thing to do during winter break while i bust my ass flipping burgers in mcdonalds.

Money can't buy (your own) talent - and clearly, this girl has it. If it were that easy, wouldn't she already have a recording contract a la Mommy and Daddy? She's shown that she is a hard worker, she's got more talent than a few of the girls (Brenna and Heather come to mind), and she's been under the radar since her first audition was shown. So far, she doesn't seem to act at all "entitled," "snobby," "superior," or as if she's in a class all her own (again, Brenna comes to mind).

The fact that her father is a state senator or that her mother is a television news reporter has ZERO to do with the fact that she is gifted and has gotten where she is in this competition herself.

I can't see her winning it all, but I hope she goes far and meets the standards that she sets for herself. Go Ayla!
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    The fact that her father is a state senator or that her mother is a television news reporter has ZERO to do with the fact that she is gifted and has gotten where she is in this competition herself.

Most likely, her parents are hard working, ambititious, determined people, and they've simply passed their work ethic along to their daughter. That, plus her considerable talent and good looks should get her into the top twelve.
    Last edited by Thonolan; 03-01-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    Money can't buy (your own) talent - and clearly, this girl has it. If it were that easy, wouldn't she already have a recording contract a la Mommy and Daddy? She's shown that she is a hard worker, she's got more talent than a few of the girls (Brenna and Heather come to mind), and she's been under the radar since her first audition was shown. So far, she doesn't seem to act at all "entitled," "snobby," "superior," or as if she's in a class all her own (again, Brenna comes to mind).

I can't see her winning it all, but I hope she goes far and meets the standards that she sets for herself. Go Ayla!
    Well said & I agree whole heartedly. Remember back a few years if you are old enough. Press Maravich was the basketball coach at LSU & he had a son that played the game. If everyone just recognized him as the coaches son & blew him off as being an untalented daddies boy it's possible we would have never seen one of the greatest Basketball players ever. Parents & privilage may open a few doors but your own talent has to get you through them. Pistol Pete proved that.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    She's one of those gifted, privileged rich kids with a great pedigree -- but she is talented. She's the type I normally can't stand, but, y'know, she has a good attitude and actually does welcome constructive critcism and incorporates that criticism into her performances to her benefit. Try as I might, I don't dislike her. Does that make sense?
    I am jealous of her for this reason. She will do fabulous in life regardless of the competition.

I really like this young'un. Will she be the next American Idol? Nope, but she will be a success at what ever she does. I'm going to have to remember to follow her basketball career at BC.

FORT Fogey
    Ayla is another of the females who could easily get a recording deal. She's great looking, sings well and has been improving every week.

FORT Fogey
    She wasn't very good last night, but she'll most likely reach the top twelve based on her previous performances.

That was a risky choice to sing this fast song with the short notes and all.
    A lot of singers who can do the normal "singer repertoire" with the long notes that you can stretch and work....would have simply butchered this song.

But she did it , very good.

The outfit and the hair were a mess though , sorry.

She is one of my favourites.

I like Ayla, but last night her "look" was all wrong, which reflected in her inability selling that song. Incidentally, I've never heard that song she performed, so I couldn't really judge how she was singing it. If it is a modern song, she was following the advice Simon has given to the youngsters. She has admitted she isn't a girly-girl, so I can't help but think that her competition is giving her bum advice about hair and makeup.

FORT Fanatic

One of my favourites

Ayla is one of my favourites this year. She is beautiful and she has such a nice singing voice. I have liked everything she has done so far. Sometimes I really don't understand why the judges hype some of the other people. I would much rather listen to Ayla then Kelly Pickler anyday.

+ Reply to Thread