+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ayla Brown - Season 5

I hope she doesnt make it into the top 12 although I think she might... I just see her as so typical of an AI contestant and honestly dont see her as any different to any other semi-finalist from all seasons before.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Although I wasn't a huge Ayla fan during the auditions, I agree with what the judges said last night: she was surprisingly good. Not great, but definitely good. I like her personality and that she is a serious athlete as well...although I realize that has little to do with this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Sounds like my cd collection...I am all over the map.
    Same here, JLuvs. It's not rare for me to go from Michael W. Smith to Randy Travis to Queensryche to my Aida soundtrack all in one roadtrip. People freak out at my mix.

I didn't watch all of the girls last night, but I caught Ayla and I thought she sounded terrific for a first performance; I loved her tone and strength. She'll only get better.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I too was surprised. She did a good job last night.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

FORT Fan
    I was not expecting her to perform as well as she did . Good job

The only thing I remember about Ayla from the audition phase is that she has, or had a basketball scholarship to Boston College. After hearing her last night, I hope it's not too late for her to take the scholarship. She did a fair job last night; she certainly wasn't the worst performer. But there were easily 6 girls who outdid her and deserve a spot in the top 12 more than she does. If she really loves to sing she should look into starting or joining a band, but Ayla just doesn't have the chops to make it as a solo pop star.

FORT Newbie
    Back to the court.

FORT Fogey
    I'm liking Ayla more and more. I'd say that she has approximately a 50/50 chance of reaching the final twelve, and I wouldn't mind if she made it.

Last night she sounded in control of her singing better than anyone else. She just needs to amp up the personality and emotion.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    I hope Ayla goes through to the top twelve. She's better than Kellie Pickler.

+ Reply to Thread