+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson

Is this a good thing?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070107/.../clarkson_dc_1

"Idol" champ Clarkson plays with punk veteran

Sat Jan 6, 11:09 PM ET
    Kelly Clarkson's next album will boast some punk rock flavor.
    The inaugural "American Idol" champ secured the services of bassist Mike Watt, who co-founded '70s punk band Minutemen, '80s combo fIREHOSE, and is now working with Iggy Pop and the reunited Stooges.
    "I ended up playing on six of the songs. I had no idea what it was going to be like, but it ended up being pretty interesting," Watt said of the sessions for Clarkson's third RCA studio album.
    Watt said he was a bit skeptical about working on the project, since he knew hardly anything about "American Idol" or Clarkson herself.
    "I heard that Kelly won some game show, but I was really impressed how she sang her ass off. It was intense. I'm really glad I had the experience -- it was trippy and everyone gave me much respect."
    The album is being produced by David Kahne, who previously worked with the likes of Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett and Stevie Nicks.
    "(Kahne) let me try all kinds of stuff like fuzz bass, fills and solos besides just making things fatter," Watt said.
    Watt also found an admirer in Clarkson guitarist/songwriter Jimmy Messer, who "was very enthusiastic and helped me much -- he was a skater when he was younger and knew all about my music."
    The Stooges, meanwhile will release "The Weirdness," March 20 via Virgin. Watt is expected to be on the road with the group in the spring.
    Reuters/Billboard

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Kelly Clarkson Partners With NASCAR

Published: 1/18/07, 8:45 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Kelly Clarkson will soon be showing her racing stripes in the biggest partnership NASCAR has ever made with a music artist, the sports franchise announced Thursday.

"Anyone who knows me knows I'm a race fan and love NASCAR," the former "American Idol" and Grammy-winning singer said in a NASCAR press release. "I look forward to hanging out with the fans, drivers and the entire NASCAR community."

Clarkson will be "integrated into all aspects of NASCAR," including television spots, charitable events and NASCAR's awards dinner in New York City in December, NASCAR said.

The deal kicks off with Clarkson headlining the Nextel "Tribute To America" concert airing live on Fox just before the Daytona 500 in Florida on Feb. 18.

During the appearance, Clarkson will film a 30-second NASCAR spot for TV featuring a new song from her upcoming third album.

She will also serve as a spokeswoman for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18, 2007.

Other artists who have partnered with NASCAR include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz and LeAnn Rimes.

Clarkson's "enthusiasm for NASCAR as a fan of NASCAR will surely develop into an unparalleled relationship," said NASCAR's Sarah Nettinga in a statement.

The 24-year-old singer rose to pop-rock stardom after snagging the first "American Idol" crown in 2002.

Her debut album, "Thankful," earned double-platinum status, and the multiplatinum follow-up, "Breakaway," garnered two Grammy awards in 2006.

Link Here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2209236;
    Kelly Clarkson Partners With NASCAR

Published: 1/18/07, 8:45 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Kelly Clarkson will soon be showing her racing stripes in the biggest partnership NASCAR has ever made with a music artist, the sports franchise announced Thursday.

"Anyone who knows me knows I'm a race fan and love NASCAR," the former "American Idol" and Grammy-winning singer said in a NASCAR press release. "I look forward to hanging out with the fans, drivers and the entire NASCAR community."

Clarkson will be "integrated into all aspects of NASCAR," including television spots, charitable events and NASCAR's awards dinner in New York City in December, NASCAR said.

The deal kicks off with Clarkson headlining the Nextel "Tribute To America" concert airing live on Fox just before the Daytona 500 in Florida on Feb. 18.

During the appearance, Clarkson will film a 30-second NASCAR spot for TV featuring a new song from her upcoming third album.

She will also serve as a spokeswoman for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18, 2007.

Other artists who have partnered with NASCAR include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz and LeAnn Rimes.

Clarkson's "enthusiasm for NASCAR as a fan of NASCAR will surely develop into an unparalleled relationship," said NASCAR's Sarah Nettinga in a statement.

The 24-year-old singer rose to pop-rock stardom after snagging the first "American Idol" crown in 2002.

Her debut album, "Thankful," earned double-platinum status, and the multiplatinum follow-up, "Breakaway," garnered two Grammy awards in 2006.

Link Here
    That isn't bad, when you consider some of the other artists involved with NASCAR.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    CMT

Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire will tape an episode of CMT Crossroads on Feb. 22 in Nashville in front of an invitation-only audience. The episode will air in the fourth quarter of 2007. Clarkson sang "Why Haven't I Heard From You" and "Does He Love You" on CMT Giants: Reba in November and recently appeared on McEntire's sitcom, Reba. McEntire's duets album, to be released in late 2007, features a duet with Clarkson.

....Should be a good one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2238327;
    CMT

Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire will tape an episode of CMT Crossroads on Feb. 22 in Nashville in front of an invitation-only audience. The episode will air in the fourth quarter of 2007. Clarkson sang "Why Haven't I Heard From You" and "Does He Love You" on CMT Giants: Reba in November and recently appeared on McEntire's sitcom, Reba. McEntire's duets album, to be released in late 2007, features a duet with Clarkson.

....Should be a good one!
    This sounds like fun! Love Reba AND Kelly.

WTH does this screaming woman have to do with NASCAR? Get this woman off my TV and let's go racin'. If I wanted to watch this kind of stuff I'd turn on MTV. This is insane.

Didn't work for ya, huh?

Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2246319;
    WTH does this screaming woman have to do with NASCAR? Get this woman off my TV and let's go racin'. If I wanted to watch this kind of stuff I'd turn on MTV. This is insane.
    I have to say, if this is what we have to look forward to in future Kelly performances, I'll just kindly say no thanks. That was a brutal mess of screaming. What happened to her? Not to mention she looked awful.

Wow, just watched it....not very good. It seems she's trying to become more "rocker".

+ Reply to Thread