+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson

Her voice - beautiful...
    Her style in those pics - yikes!

But overall I love her as an artist. She reminds me a lot of Christina Aguilera. I love em' both.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar

Clarkson blows off bubble gum pop on next album

Kelly says she will be working on her third album while touring this summer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/153...headlines=true

Kelly Clarkson Blowing Off 'Bubblegum Ear Candy' On New LP
    5/8/2006 6:00 AM EDT

"Like how Breakaway was different, 10 steps away from Thankful, this one is more that way," the singer said last week
    "It's more rock, more soulful, there's a lot that has a bit more of a singer/songwriter kind of vibe. It's an eclectic bunch of songs that are me."

With the singer/songwriter side, fans can expect something similar to when Clarkson covered Ray LaMontagne's "Shelter" on the "ReAct Now: Music & Relief" Hurricane Katrina telethon last fall (see "Reznor, Kanye, Green Day Reflect On Disaster, Inspire Relief For MTV Special").

"The funny thing is nobody really knows that side of me," Clarkson said. "Patty Griffin is my favorite person on the planet and she's a total singer/songwriter like Bob Dylan. She's amazing and people don't get to hear a lot of that on the radio, and it's such a sad thing. Everything doesn't have to sound like bubblegum ear candy. I mean, I love bubblegum ear candy, but it's great to have a break from that. ... [Griffin and LaMontagne] have got voices where they can break somebody's heart but in a good way. And that's what I want to capture on the next album."

Click the link to read more about Kelly's own songwriting and collecting other songwriters' material to possibly use on later albums.

"I love the ideas of the new songs," she said. "I noticed with [Breakaway] that people really like when it's not just a song, it's about something in particular. It's about things I love or dislike, crap relationships and great relationships. And then there's just fun songs. One of my favorites is called 'Yeah' and it's just a fun tour song. And since I tour a lot, I think there needs to be some of those."

Kelly plans to do some of the recording with her band during their tour this summer, working with producer David Kahne (The Bangles, The Strokes, various indie groups).
    She says she already has some video concepts and may do some collaborations with people like Will.I.am

Then there are links to pics and audio and video from the story.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Kelly at the ACM's....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love her much more as a brunette than I did as a blonde. I actually met her after a concert last summer when she had her blonde hair and it didn't look horrible but I think brown hair suits her more.

Thanks for posting the pics bbnbama!

FORT Fogey

Kelly Clarkson readies new CD, tour

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/06/07/1618983-ap.html

Kelly Clarkson readies new CD, tour

By SANDY COHEN

CULVER CITY, Calif. (AP) - Kelly Clarkson is decked out in black: skintight pants, jewelled stilleto-heeled boots and a blouse that plunges dangerously low. Camera-wielding fans buzz about as the singer sweeps past a velvet rope and disappears into a nightclub.

"OK, let's do that again," a photographer says. Clarkson and the camera-wielders back up and resume their spots. It's midday, midweek, and Clarkson is posing for photos to promote her new partnership with a brand of vitamin-enhanced water. The day-long shoot is wedged between cutting demos for her new record and preparing for her national summer tour, which begins June 30 in West Palm Beach, Fla.

When Clarkson does get free time, she's not one to hit the clubs, she says.

"I'm like 80 in my mind," says the spunky 24-year-old, who talks like an auctioneer on caffeine. "My downtime is literally downtime."

It's been a whirlwind four years for the pop star, who became instantly famous in 2002 when she won the first American Idol title.

Clarkson's debut album, Thankful, earned double-platinum status, and her multiplatinum follow-up, Breakaway, netted two Grammy awards earlier this year. She's now at work on her third album, due in early 2007.

The album in progress, she says, is a departure from her last two records, with more soulful smoothness and a rock 'n' roll edge.

"It's like a throwback to Janis Joplin, Sly, some of (the new songs) are a little Prince-ish," Clarkson says. "It's still got the whole rock-pop vibe, but it's kind of got certain songs, too, that have an extreme amount of soul in them as well."

The actual assembly of the album will have to wait, though. Clarkson is about to embark on her Addicted summer tour, and she promises it will be like nothing she's ever done before. Expect huge surprises, she says.

"People are going to be floored," she says, declining to reveal any details. "It's a more musical show, like I always do, but the things we're bringing in, like all the video stuff and different things, are major ones."

Clarkson plans to perform tracks from her forthcoming record, where she "explores a more straight-ahead rock side," says her manager, Jeff Rabhan.

"This is an opportunity to test out some material and see what really works and feels right," he says. "This definitely is going to be the biggest show she's ever done, in terms of audience and production and Kelly's going to do what she does best, which is knock the vocals out of the park."

Before the tour starts, however, Clarkson has other obligations to tend to - like this day's photo shoot. She joined forces with Glaceau's vitamin water to promote her favourite flavour ("Focus, the pink one.") and encourage young people to make healthier choices.

Clarkson is also involved with the company's school program, where high-school students prepare healthy meals for a chance to win a $100,000 US scholarship. Clarkson is one of four judges who will help choose the winner in New York on June 8.

With her success, she says, she feels she wants to also focus on work that helps others.

"I've done well enough to where I'm fine for the rest of my life," Clarkson says. "So my whole goal now is I just want to be part of things that are positive and make a difference."

Clarkson also works with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. She'll donate a portion of her ticket sales to Komen's Race for the Cure initiative.

Adjusting to overnight fame has been "pretty hard core," Clarkson says. Normal outings, like going to the grocery store, are a thing of the past. Even a wig and glasses don't help.

"People notice everything. They notice my chin," she says. "Three hundred sixty-three days out of the year, I'm fine, I love it. It's hard but at the same time it's a blessing."

Clarkson says she relies on her Christian beliefs to keep her grounded.

"My central foundation is my faith," she says. "That's just how I keep it, like, sane."

She's also learned to set some limits and take time off. But not enough time to date, she says. Clarkson is single and says she'll probably stay that way for a while.

"I give up. Is that bad?" she says. "It's just too hard. It sounds so cliche to say 'I'm too busy,' but I really am."

Not that she's complaining. Before American Idol, when she was working as a cocktail waitress, Clarkson dreamed of being busy with a music career.

She left some wondering about her feelings for the show when she didn't mention Idol while accepting her Grammy awards in February. Clarkson says she has only fond thoughts about the program.

"People have the wrong idea, like I don't want to talk about it," she says. "I think it's a great thing. It was obviously the best way for me to come into the business and it's just a great opportunity for everyday normal people. It's like a Cinderella story every day."

And with that, the photographer beckons Clarkson. A stylist carefully smooths the pop star's hair as she walks off, back to the nightclub and the flash bulbs.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Just thought I'd let you fans of Kelly know that as a member of her fan club, my daughter has been picked to meet her back stage at her Darien Lake concert next month. Needless to say Leah is excited about the opportunity.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Gracie, that sounds great! Please let us know the details of the meet-and-greet if you can We'd love to hear about it!
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie
    I'm going to her tour this Saturday!!! I am so excited!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21257315.shtml

'American Idol' Kelly Clarkson And Reba Team Up For Sitcom
    By Staff
    Jan 4, 2007

Grammy award winner and 'American Idol' Kelly Clarkson will make a guest appearance on country music star Reba McEntire's hit US TV show.
    The 24-year-old Walk Away singer will guest star as a ditzy local TV station intern in the sitcom Reba on 14 January (07).

This isn't the first time the pair have worked together - they sang a duet on US reality talent competition American Idol when Clarkson was a contestant in 2002.

Clarkson, who also performed at a televised tribute to McEntire late last year (06), adds, "I love her... She's just a really great person."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

OMG!! her new single is going to come out this month!!!
    The real original AMERICAN IDOL KELLY CLARKSON's new single NEVER AGAIN is now availlable on ITUNES !!!!

+ Reply to Thread