+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am thrilled for her. Kelly is the real deal. Congrats to them both
    Me too! Love her to pieces. I am so happy for her and her new hubby.

FORT Regular

Kelly Clarkson has a christmas special on NBC, “Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale” airs on NBC this Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 10pm ET.
    Carrie Underwood has The Sound of Music Live on NBC December 5, 8/7c.
    Ruben Studdard is also on NBC as a contestant on the biggest loser... and as of this posting he was actually eliminated and brought back in, then eliminated again. Hope he finds his footing and gets back on the spotlight.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Anyone watch Kelly's Christmas special last night? Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire were guests and sang "Silent Night" with Kelly. It was awesome! Blake Shelton was a guest but didn't sing. The premise of the special was very cute and I really enjoyed it.
    Uncle David likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I just watched it and thought it adorable. What a terrific twist to "putting on a show" with all the names involved as ordinary people. The Silent Night trio was my favorite, especially the acappella last verse.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

I also enjoyed her special. The way they handled the "filler and comedy" was fun and not over done. I thought it was really cute.
    Uncle David likes this.

I really enjoyed the show, however, why didn't they have her and Blake do a duet? OMG. That would have been great! I think they wasted a great singer on the elf routine. I didn't find the elf routine that amusing, but a great duet would have been awesome. And why did they seem to avoid showing the audience? They only showed them from high and above, never a clear shot of them enjoying the show. Odd.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

You could see them clapping, but I agree. They seemed to want to frame the stage with its Christmas colors more than up close shots of the audience.

Kelly saying she didn't want Blake because he was over exposed and then Blake barging in trying to be a part of the show was funny. Just to get to the elf costume, he took on the ironing and hemming of her gowns and then got rejected once again. Yes, it would have been nice if they had sung a duet, but the play on his over exposure when the comedic point of the special was Kelly being under-exposed, made that skit work.
    NCLurker and Uncle David like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I adore Kelly! So sweet, so real, the antithesis of celebrity! And what a voice!
    sclilred1 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I agree. It's a shame she married such a cheating louse.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kelly announced that she and her hubby are expecting a baby girl.

+ Reply to Thread