+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kelly Clarkson

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Is it just me or does Kelly look different in every picture? She looks great though!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3262646;
    Is it just me or does Kelly look different in every picture? She looks great though!
    No, it's NOT just you! I don't know how many times I've seen a picture of her, just to wonder who she was. Even after I found out, I had to do a double-take. And I watched AI1 (well, parts, and then I watched AI Rewind for Season 1) and consider myself at least a minor fan.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The name of her new CD will be called "Masquerade"......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Yesterday on AOL one of the main articles was how the stars are getting 'computer help' with their pictures. (not saying it's their idea) They had this picture of Kelly side by side with a snapshot of the 'real' her. Totally different face shape,etc. You could flip through several pages of computer helped and the real picture of stars. In one, Jennifer Hudsons waist was half it's normal size. Arms were slimmed down, faces were made more angled, lips puffier,etc. I feel sorry for today's young girls who have to live up to impossible body images. Too bad we all couldn't walk through a computer (like getting a spray tan) and be 'fixed'!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3265010;
    The name of her new CD will be called "Masquerade"......
    Nope...I had it wrong!

Its called "All I ever wanted" and here's the album cover.........and you can pre-order it now at amazon.com

Kelly's official website

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3265094;
    Yesterday on AOL one of the main articles was how the stars are getting 'computer help' with their pictures. (not saying it's their idea) They had this picture of Kelly side by side with a snapshot of the 'real' her. Totally different face shape,etc. You could flip through several pages of computer helped and the real picture of stars. In one, Jennifer Hudsons waist was half it's normal size. Arms were slimmed down, faces were made more angled, lips puffier,etc. I feel sorry for today's young girls who have to live up to impossible body images. Too bad we all couldn't walk through a computer (like getting a spray tan) and be 'fixed'!
    I thought you would get a laugh out of Kelly's recent blog:

i’m headed to london today for some album promo and i’m so freakin’ excited!! i’m ready for y’all to hear this album! i’m so proud of it!! i think it’s 4 more days and my first single drops at radio and i’m super super pumped!! we decided the cover of the album and just in case you haven’t seen it i’ll post it! it’s very colorful and they have definitely photo-shopped the crap out of me but i don’t care haha! whoever she is, she looks great ha! i’ve had so much fun with this album i really hope y’all dig it woohooooooooooo!!!!

and by the way, i’m now on ‘eclipse’ of the twilight series and so is my mom, my sister and all of my friends …..you could say we’re a bit addicted and all searching for our very own personal ‘edward’ …..and yes, in the most pathetic way possible ha

ooh!! and the soundtrack to the movie ‘twilight’ is awesome! i can’t stop listening to ‘flightless bird, american mouth’! the production is breathtaking!

alright, peace out ….off to london

kelly

Ihave heard a 30 sec. snippet of her new single & I have to say I don't much care for it. It sounds like 90's club music to me. But, once I hear the entire song I may change my mind.

It's not bad after a few listens. I find my foot tapping when I listen to it. It's no "Since U Been Gone," but maybe it will grow on me even more after I hear it a bit more.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The single hasn't even been released on the radio or on iTunes yet, but "My Life Would Suck Without You" is already becoming pretty popular.

I've read some reviews on it, and they all pretty much say that it was a good choice to get back to her more popular "Breakaway" days. It's a catchy tune (it has grown on me a lot after listening to it more), which is exactly what pop music is.

Her official YouTube channel has a video that only shows the single's cover, but the actual single itself plays in the background. That video got over 400,000 views in 2 days, which is very impressive in terms of YouTube.

I got my Entertainment Weekly issue today in the mail, and they had a little tidbit on Ms. Clarkson's single in their feature called "The Bullseye." It barely takes up a fourth of a page, but it's actually a very popular feature. "The Bullseye" shows current events in pop culture and if they hit the target (good) or missed the mark (bad). Well, Kelly was smack dab in the middle, with EW saying, "Sorry, Mozart, we're going with Kelly Clarkson's 'My Life
    Would Suck Without You' as the best song in the history of the universe." I would hardly call it the best song in the universe, but it's good nonetheless, and it's awesome that she's getting such good attention for her song.

I found a picture of the feature:
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Kelly Clarkson Breaks Britney Spears's Record
    By Elaine Aradillas
    Originally posted Wednesday January 28, 2009 04:20 PM EST

Her new single, "My Life Would Suck Without You," will break records on Thursday when it makes the largest leap to No. 1 in the Billboard chart's 50-year history.

The song moves to No. 1 from No. 97 on the Hot 100 chart after selling 280,000 digital downloads in its first week out, according to Billboard.com.

Clarkson, 26, has set the record once before: Her 2002 single "A Moment Like This" – the American Idol Season 1 victory track – jumped from No. 52 to No. 1 in a single week.

Since then, the largest-leap record has been broken five times, most recently by Britney Spears's "Womanizer," which jumped from No. 96 to No. 1 last year.

Fans got a sneak peek at Clarkson's new video during last night's Idol episode. It can be viewed in full at att.net.

The song is off Clarkson's album All I Ever Wanted, due in stores March 17.
    Link

+ Reply to Thread