+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimberley Locke

She sings great, but couldn't she pick a different song. Show us what else you can do girl!!

Didn't really care for her Diva-like attitude, either. She's just starting out. A little humility wouldn't hurt, even though I'm sure it's hard to restrain from telling Simon off.

*fixed typo

Maybe she should have held back a bit, but for some reason, what she said/did didn't bother me nearly as much as Rebecca's comments/attitude...

Kimberley said things to Simon in a joking kind of way, not like Rebecca's snooty attitude, but it still bugs me that these contestants mouth off to judges that are just giving them constructive criticism, imo.

She really bugged me last night - she should have just said "thank you" and walked away. Why doesn't anyone ever do the smart thing (okay, Jacob did the smart thing and walked away when Simon criticized him).

Randy did ask her what she would give Simon out of ten for his personality.

She did say something before that point, but I think Randy and Paula basically made the whole exchange longer by getting involved and asking for her opinion.

It bugs me when they talk back, but at least this was light-hearted.
    "That's Numberwang!"

See, I didn't think it was lighthearted at all. I thought she just took the criticism badly, which pretty much proves the point Simon made about her personality to me.

There is no upside to arguing with Simon.

He ended the exchange with a smile.
    "That's Numberwang!"

True.

All I know is she could have been the best singer in the world, but she wouldn't have gotten my vote after that exchange.

That's exactly my point, John. Had that been Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey out there, they would have had grounds for responding to what they might feel was unfair criticism. <p> But for this unknown (except for this show) to stand up there and display that attitude was uncalled for. She should be grateful for how far she has come.<p> After all, there are literally millions of people who have good or even great voices who never become stars, or perhaps never even get on TV period. Simon said she was not expressing a personality. That was the way he saw it, and he is entitled to his opinion. After all, he is a judge. If they weren't having phone-in votes, he would be one of the deciding factors. <p> Maybe that's why she thought that since the public was voting, and Simon was not as important in the process now that she could throw a hissy fit. Well now, girlie, I got your vote right here!

I really wouldn't call it a hissy fit.
    She was egged on by the other judges and maybe got carried away, but I think her comments were far less annoying to me that the snooty Rebecca.

I personally would not find her exchange with them any reason not to give her a vote if I was inclined to do so after hearing her performance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread