Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Compilation

AI Compilation

From Billboard.com

Fox's "American Idol" reality series will be chronicled on the collection "American Idol: Greatest Moments," due Oct. 1 from RCA. The single-disc compilation will be the first full-length album featuring songs performed on the show. Alongside four tracks by competition winner Kelly Clarkson and two by runner-up Justin Guarini, the album will feature one song each from the other eight finalists, and a version of the Mamas and the Papas' "California Dreamin'" performed by all 10 of them together.

Steve Lipson (Backstreet Boys, Annie Lennox) produced and compiled the album from performances recorded during the show's final weeks. Finalists Nikki McKibbon, Tamyra Gray, EJay Day, RJ Helton, AJ Gil, Ryan Starr, Christina Christian, and Jim Verraros are all represented.

As previously reported, the RCA debut from Clarkson has been pushed back to 2003, to allow her to concentrate on the upcoming "American Idol" tour. The six-week trek, which will feature Clarkson, Guarini, and the eight other finalists, kicks off Oct. 8 in San Diego and runs through Nov. 20 in Seattle.

The 30 semifinalists for "American Idol" are to reunite Monday (Sept. 23) for the two-hour Fox special "American Idol in Las Vegas," and Fox Filmed Entertainment and "American Idol" creator Simon Fuller are also in discussions for an "American Idol" feature film.

Meanwhile, Clarkson's debut double A-side single, "Before Your Love"/"A Moment Like This," was released Tuesday and is expected to fly up Billboard's Hot 100 next week. It currently sits at No. 52 in its second week on the chart, on the strength of radio airplay.

Here is the track listing for "American Idol: Greatest Moments":

"(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman," Kelly Clarkson
    "Respect," Kelly Clarkson
    "For Once in My Life," Justin Guarini
    "Get Here," Justin Guarini
    "Piece of My Heart," Nikki McKibbin
    "A House Is Not a Home," Tamyra Gray
    "Lately," RJ Helton
    "Ain't No Sunshine," Christina Christian
    "If You Really Love Me," Ryan Starr
    "My Cherie Amour," AJ Gil
    "I'll Be," EJay Day
    "Easy," Jim Verraros
    "California Dreamin'," All Performers

Bonus Tracks:
    "A Moment Like This," Kelly Clarkson
    "Before Your Love," Kelly Clarkson

-- Troy Carpenter, N.Y.

Feature Film?????????
    Are you crapping me? I liked this show as much as the next person, but get real!
    I think it is a mistake to wait to long to release Kelly's CD. This is a fickle country, and most of the viewers are already looking forward to AI2.
    For the record, I listen to a classic rock station most of the time, but my daughter listens to the pop station, and I have yet to hear Kelly on the radio.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I listen to a Pop Radio Station, and I haven't heard Kelly's song that much. It's kind of surprising.

Oh, and about the feature film? 'Nuff said.

FWIW, one of the two stations I listen to plays "A Moment Like This" quite a bit, and the other one has played it a couple of times...

My guess as to why they're delaying the release of Kelly's solo CD is twofold: 1. They don't want it to compete with the compilation CD (whatever...:rolleyes) and 2. They're probably thinking Kelly can ride the wave of popularity resulting from the show and the compilation CD until her solo CD is released next year...

I admit it. I bought this cd.

Even worse

I LOVE it.

Nothing wrong with that Kylie, come out from behind that wall.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff! If you insist.

But it is pretty good. Except for Nikki who's song makes me want to

See, Kylie...Nikki's song isn't the worst one on the CD IMHO. For me, that honor goes to EJay horrid, horrid rendition of "I'll Be". That song makes me absolutely want to

Yeah, EJay and Jim are the worst, but I figured that was a given.

Actually, I was a bit surprised to hear Jim's song. After hearing it, I decided that the two worst on the CD are EJay and A.J....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast