+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seacrest returns for AI2

Seacrest returns for AI2

From Yahoo Entertainment News

Fox casts vote for Seacrest in 2nd 'Idol' round

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (The Hollywood Reporter) --- Ryan Seacrest is rolling up his sleeves to return to work on "American Idol."

Seacrest has inked a deal to return as a host on the second installment of Fox's "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar," set to launch in first-quarter 2003.

The network declined comment on Seacrest's deal, but sources said he will get close to $1 million for his second hosting stint, about three times what he earned for the first "Idol" installment.

No decision has been made yet on Seacrest's co-host from the first "Idol" series, Brian Dunkleman. Sources indicated that Seacrest might fly solo in the second series, while a female co-host is also a possibility, mostly in the early rounds.

Seacrest is the second "Idol" personality to sign on the dotted line for a second round of duty on the 19 Television/Fremantle Media series. He joins judge Simon Cowell, who is set to return for reported $2 million. No deals have been finalized with Cowell's fellow judges Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul, but they both are expected to sit with Cowell at the judges table.

Seacrest next appears Monday on Fox's "Idol" concert special, which he will co-host with Dunkleman. The concert, taped in Las Vegas this week, will feature the series' 30 semifinalists.

In addition to his "Idol" duties, Seacrest continues as a host of KYSR-FM's top-rated "Ryan Seacrest for the Ride Home With Lisa Foxx" afternoon show.

a million to host, 2 million for Simon...... Hmmmmmmm...... a tad high in my opinion!
    Ofcourse if they are looking for a female co-host that will act like an idiot for a million bucks......sign my butt up now!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    LOL Cali!

It is a lot of money...but I always compare it to each of the Friends getting 1 million per episode -- so compared to that I think he's worth it. He really does make the show
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

No decision has been made yet on Seacrest's co-host from the first "Idol" series, Brian Dunkleman. Sources indicated that Seacrest might fly solo in the second series, while a female co-host is also a possibility, mostly in the early rounds.
    No more Brian Dorkleman? WOO HOO!

He was just awful...

I'm sorry, but with Rob Lowe only getting $75k per episode of West Wing (and quitting because they wouldn't give him a raise), I can't see doofus Seacrest getting a million.

ooh, good point.

and how much weed does ryan secrest have to smoke to make his smile thaaaaaaaat wide?

Originally posted by John
    I'm sorry, but with Rob Lowe only getting $75k per episode of West Wing (and quitting because they wouldn't give him a raise), I can't see doofus Seacrest getting a million.
    Good point, John... Although, $75K per episode does equal $1,650,000 over a 22-episode season (plus I'm sure RL has/had some sort of deal re: royalties from re-runs, syndication, etc.)...

Yeah, but those actors actually have to ACT, versus stand there and say "How did it feel last week when Simon said you sucked?" and so on...Inane chatter is all he's capable of.

Very true, John...good point...

Guess I should have told the producers, I would have done it for half that! AND I'm funnier than Dunkleman!

+ Reply to Thread