+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion

Closetnerd, I'm with you. I couldn't stand Constantine but thought his fans would surely carry him into the final 3 over some better contestants (just like Jasmine's fans last time). Then he was so awful this week, and luckily he didn't get saved! While Scott should have gone earlier, certainly before Anwar, neither he nor Anwar should win the competition so as long as it's only a matter of time before Scott goes, I can live with that. I'll just keep muting my TV. With Constantine, I had to hit "mute" AND look away from the TV whenever he "performed". I got so sick of those cheesy expressions.

So glad the FORT's back!
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Hey, how about this conspiracy theory for the results of this week's show.

Paula's favorite and the more marketable, Constantine, gets the boot while Simon's favorite punching bag, Scott, is in the top three. The producers only need to point out these current results to "prove" the expose' Fallen Idol is incorrect when it says the judges and producers control the vote and outcome.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Add me to the list of people who don't like Scott. His reactions to being safe annoy me. I can't tell if he is genuinely relieved or bragging. Vote for the Worst, jammed phone lines, judges conspiracies, whatever it is AI needs to address it publicly and stop blaming the well-intentioned viewers who are trying to vote. I wish ABC would address this in their special. Maybe AI needs to announce vote totals for each constestant.

As for Carrie, someone pointed out to me that Carrie has neve been in the bottom three. I'm not sure, but they were convinced it had something to do with Simon. I think she just has a solid fan base and working phone lines.

I was sorry that Constantine had to go, but someone has to every week. He seemed fine with it and who can blame him? He got a lot of recognition and now can go on with his plans and not be tied down by contracts.
    I was glad to see Scott stay and hope he remains. America has already proven that they don't judge AI contestants by their looks, weight problems, attitude or past record. I may not always agree with their choice, but I have to live with it.

FORT Newbie
    Hi all,

I am a Canadian who has watched intently every season of AI but after this one ends this year, I am finished with the show. I am simply totally disgusted Scott is still there because quite frankly I think he is horrible. His attitude stinks and has a pretty forgetable voice. Constantine being voted off before Scott was the end for me. I was disgusted when Clay didn't win, couldn't have cared a less about Fantasia winning or losing and this year, well it is all getting very, very stale and predictable. Vote off a really wonderful performer and leave that silly smirky Scott instead - I just do not understand what happened.

What is this conspiracy you are all talking about? I have not heard about it but I have to say it sounds possible since there is no other way that Scott could have possibly stayed in and Constantine going home.

Enough of AI - I'll find something more interesting to watch next season.

Cheers,
    Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Jude Levett
    Hi all,

I am a Canadian who has watched intently every season of AI but after this one ends this year, I am finished with the show. I am simply totally disgusted Scott is still there because quite frankly I think he is horrible. His attitude stinks and has a pretty forgetable voice. Constantine being voted off before Scott was the end for me. I was disgusted when Clay didn't win, couldn't have cared a less about Fantasia winning or losing and this year, well it is all getting very, very stale and predictable. Vote off a really wonderful performer and leave that silly smirky Scott instead - I just do not understand what happened.

What is this conspiracy you are all talking about? I have not heard about it but I have to say it sounds possible since there is no other way that Scott could have possibly stayed in and Constantine going home.

Enough of AI - I'll find something more interesting to watch next season.

Cheers,
    Jude

The is a website called votefortheworst.com that urges people to vote for Scott. It may or may not be having an impact, but they are taking credit for Wednesday's vote.

I can't believe my Connie is gone!!!!! Looks like I'll have to start voting for Bo or Vonzelle. Think I'll go with Bo. I'm in mourning. Good-bye Constantine
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I can deal with Constantine leaving. It's Scott's butchering of Dance With My Father, and that resulting in his top three finish, that got to me. He was the worst the night before, IMO, and based on that alone he should've gone home. But no. And I have no problem with Anthony staying- he's gotten better the last two weeks.

I, too, am done with this season.

"I think our site definitely has some effect on the results for 'Idol,' " says Dave DellaTerza, the site's creator.

"I always used to say it's just like any 12-year-old girl power-voting for [Idol wannabe] Carrie [Underwood]," he says.

That girl "thinks her results affect the show, too, when they just help to contribute. But I've changed my tune a bit since our Web site got over 100,000 hits in the last two days. Now I'm hearing from people who throw 'vote for the worst' parties, who get office pools together to vote for Scott . . . This has definitely turned into something huge, which I hope will continue."
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/43170.htm

Quote Originally Posted by WildHorseLady
    I was shocked when CM was booted off the show. We thought for sure that he would be in the final 3. Whether or not Constantine would have won, don't know. I do know that Scott has overly worn out his welcome. :phhht He has been awful the last few weeks, and he has a bad attitude. I know that dosen't mean he can't sing, honestly, in his case he can sing... a little, sometimes... on a really good night, when the planets are all in alignment. That said, he should have been gone weeks ago. Still, no one called and asked me my thoughts on the subject, so like it or lump it...I'm lumping it right now.
    WildHorseLady,

And yeah, Scott does occasionally hit the right notes. The middle of the road singing I can handle its his stage presence I don't like. I know in the earlier stages people were comparing him to Ruben S., but even though Ruben was big and never moved around the stage he didn't give the lethargic performances that Scott does. Scott just sucks energy from the air around him. That chip he has on his shoulder doesn't help matters either. Enough on Scott I don't want him in my mind anymore.

I was not a fan of Constantines but it's just wrong he left before Scott (damn there he is in my mind again!) He may not have been the best vocalist but he put his all into his performances and tried to entertain; that's something I can respect. I just hated those smirky faces he made into the cameras. Scott seems to think he can stand there, sing well and that's enough...as though we should count ourselves lucky to just hear him sing. Also, the thing with Constantine is that he will land on his feet. His band has a record coming out and I believe he can get into TV and other entertainment fields because he does have the "it" factor, and this show has given him a big boost so his fans will see him again.

I can't believe that website "vote for the worst" had any impact because I don't believe that 99% people who watch the show and vote have even seen it and of those who have seen it how many are to waste their time voting for someone they can't stand? I had trouble getting through on all the lines I called...Carrie, Bo, Vonzell, & Anthony. I didn't make a lot of calls and I called after 10:00 pm but I was able to get a few votes in for each one. Now I kind of wish I would have thrown a few votes to Connie...not that it would have made a difference but you know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast