+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Simon's Credibility

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78
    Anyone noticed last week Randy's comment about Bo Bice coming back. But if you watch Randy's comments from earlier shows, you'll get the impression that Bo Bice never went anywhere. I think this is a little bit conflicting and that's why I don't pay much attention to their comments. Simon is usually right on spot but he's made some really stupid comments too, like for example Bo being a wedding singer.
    Oh yes, that was so not funny!

I am laughing though, about Simon's comment that Anthony can not be sexy! Not sure of the exact phrasing; however, this young man is proving him wrong. Anthony is working out twice a day?

I also laughed when one gal made a comment about his legs when he was sitting on the step. Yep, his muscles are showing! Why even Ryan noticed it! Glasses are gone, too!

Simon must compose some of his comments ahead of time. They sound prepared, especially when addressing the clothing worn. Yes, many times Simon IS right but he needs to expand his explanation and Paula ought to let him do so! Sometimes he is much too harsh! :nono

How much do they interact with the judges outside of the show that we see? Do they get constructive criticism at other times? (Is it possible they help some more than others?)
    Count your blessings!

^ I guess it will all be "revealed" by ABC this Wednesday. But from what I've read, the judges and contestants can interact a little bit backstage and do talk and get some advice. Nothing too heavy, though.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by redmermaid

-produced Il Divo - a quartet of tremendously talented men. I wonder, however, who is he thinking is going to be their market?
    I belong to the Il Divo target market I didn't see them on Oprah, but I listened to clips on Amazon after all the buzz on the boards, and I loved what I heard. For some reason I expected more pop crap, being a "Simon" production, but I was positively surprised. Then again I have always had a soft spot for men who sing in Italian, and I love their style as well.

I think Simon reflects the "everyman's opinion" the best of the group of judges. It is not possible to be always right, but in general he has pretty good idea what the general public will like/see. I think the reason he avoids musical terminology and uses sometimes strange figurative language is because the average viewers do not really talk about pitch or guess how many octaves a singer was able to cover. Average viewers either say the performance was "nice to listen to" or "it hurt their ears", and I believe Simon talks their language better than Randy or Paula.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    ^ I guess it will all be "revealed" by ABC this Wednesday. But from what I've read, the judges and contestants can interact a little bit backstage and do talk and get some advice. Nothing too heavy, though.

BubbleBunny, I think you may be right. I had read (before Tuesday's show) that Anthony went to Simon for advice on his song selection since he has been wanting to sing "I Surrender" for several weeks. Simon thought it was a good idea and singing a Celine song would be a risk. However, when a contestant does sing an opposite gender song and is successful, it impresses people. Uh...like judges!

I know Anthony is not a favorite here, but he has had such positive reactions to his performance! I hope he will continue on this positiveness! I would like him to sing a power ballad AND "Footloose"!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345