+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Paula's Secret Battle Article

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,379
    Quote Originally Posted by mom3
    Interesting article; thanks for sharing it.

    While I have no idea whether Paula's actions are drug/alcohol-induced or just the way she is naturally, I do find it odd that she wouldn't elaborate on just what this "doctor of her dreams" did that made her pain free. I also find it rather hard to believe that she has "never taken anything for recreation or for my injuries." While the former may be true (I'm skeptical), she must have taken something when she was injured. You would have to be incredibly strong (or perhaps a complete idiot) to not take pain relievers after multiple car accidents, an airplane crash, and ruptured disks. To tell you the truth, I really don't mind Paula. The show needs a cheerleader and she fits the bill. Nevertheless, methinks Paula isn't coming totally clean with us in this article. (Of course, the other side of the coin is "Who really cares? It's none of my business.")
    Actually, she did say, he prescribed some kind of pain killer for her that she injects once a week and has made her pain free. I can't remember the name of it. It was on tv last night on one of those ET type shows.

    Frankly, I would think anyone who has been in constant pain for years and is suddenly pain free probably would act a little goofy.

    I forgot to add that she did say something about taking regular pain killers which didn't work for her.

  2. #12
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    I agree Cabernet. Simon can be unreasonable, at times, and I think that her positive comments likely cushion the blow.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.


  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Kariann1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Actually, she did say, he prescribed some kind of pain killer for her that she injects once a week and has made her pain free. I can't remember the name of it. It was on tv last night on one of those ET type shows.

    Frankly, I would think anyone who has been in constant pain for years and is suddenly pain free probably would act a little goofy.

    I forgot to add that she did say something about taking regular pain killers which didn't work for her.
    It can't be coritzone shots, can it? I have said that Paula MUST go if she can't get her act together. I hope she is getting better and that glassed look in her eyes is caused by something else! Contact lens, maybe?

    The judges are such an important ingredient to the total package - I hope they will be better as we move to the finals AND possibly next year!

  4. #14
    FORTified Chach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    It can't be coritzone shots, can it? I have said that Paula MUST go if she can't get her act together. I hope she is getting better and that glassed look in her eyes is caused by something else! Contact lens, maybe?

    The judges are such an important ingredient to the total package - I hope they will be better as we move to the finals AND possibly next year!
    It wouldn't be cortisone because you can't do that on a weekly basis. You can only have a few cortisone shots over the course of a year, and I really doubt she would be doing that on her own - a doctor would be giving her cortisone injections. There is an arthritis medication that I believe is injected weekly and can probably be self-injected. Can't remember the name of it, but that's all I can think of right now.

    [I have had my share of injections and surgeries, so I know a little about this sort of thing. I don't act like Paula, though.]

    The quote from Paula above, "I have never taken anything for recreation or for my injuries" is confusing. I think she must have either been misquoted or just got carried away in making her denials. There's no way that you have 12 spinal surgeries and have so much pain and never take anything for it. The story about the weekly injections also contradicts that statement.

    I would like to know who this doctor is that has helped her so much and what this magical treatment is that she's on. It appears that a side effect is that it makes you like crappy music.

  5. #15
    wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    375
    i don't even care if she does drugs. watching her hardly able to keep her eyes open, slurring her words and throwing herself on simon each week is highly entertaining. i don't even listen to what she says cause it's sugarcoated garbage
    Praise seitan!

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    Second base....and it certianly gives us something to talk about each week. Do we stop watching becasue of it? ...no!
    How boring if that were the case (lol) If everyone is talking about it..it is called promotion!

  7. #17
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115
    I don't get what the "secret" is. Paula's medical problems have been publicized a great deal since AI started four years ago. I believe People may have done something on this stuff before--I read all the details in a magazine a while ago. Paula has changed her schtick this year (more baiting and nuzzling of Simon), but otherwise has seemed fine to me. I've liked her comments this year, they've been spot on about several performers' abilities.

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    maybe the secret is the product that has helped her?

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey Kariann1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    It wouldn't be cortisone because you can't do that on a weekly basis. You can only have a few cortisone shots over the course of a year, and I really doubt she would be doing that on her own - a doctor would be giving her cortisone injections. There is an arthritis medication that I believe is injected weekly and can probably be self-injected. Can't remember the name of it, but that's all I can think of right now.

    [I have had my share of injections and surgeries, so I know a little about this sort of thing. I don't act like Paula, though.]

    The quote from Paula above, "I have never taken anything for recreation or for my injuries" is confusing. I think she must have either been misquoted or just got carried away in making her denials. There's no way that you have 12 spinal surgeries and have so much pain and never take anything for it. The story about the weekly injections also contradicts that statement.

    I would like to know who this doctor is that has helped her so much and what this magical treatment is that she's on. It appears that a side effect is that it makes you like crappy music.
    Oh dear...I didn't mean to laugh. Honest!

    Thank you for this information. We'll see what she has to say on ET tonight and then wait for the People Magazine article says. It may be a rehash of what has been published before and was needed because of bad publicity! Maybe Paula meant that she hasn't taken any illegal drugs?

    Pillbeam, yep more nuzzling and baiting! I wonder how many times Paula has told a contestant, "I want to come there and give you a hug!" Or something like this to Constantine. He probably thinks she's a hoot!

    Well, we'll see what this is all about and I wish Paula the best! I was a cheerleading coach and we practiced several routines to Paula's music!

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In America's Heartland
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Actually, she did say, he prescribed some kind of pain killer for her that she injects once a week and has made her pain free. I can't remember the name of it. It was on tv last night on one of those ET type shows.

    Frankly, I would think anyone who has been in constant pain for years and is suddenly pain free probably would act a little goofy.

    I forgot to add that she did say something about taking regular pain killers which didn't work for her.
    Hi, tagging-on to what Misty was saying. I saw the same show last night. It was on Inside Edition, and when I saw the previews, I hit the record button. She must have been misquoted in the article mentioned because she said she did take narcotic pain killers but that they didn't help. She said last November she was "diagnosed with reflex sympathetic dystrophy which is a rare nerve disorder that can cause intense and unexplained pain." Her new doctor prescribed Enbrel "which was developed for skin disorders but has been found to help people with nerve damage. She gives herself a shot once a week and says it is like a medical miracle. She has been pain-free for the first time in 25 years."

    It was interesting. I'm wondering if it could help those of us that suffer with fibromyalgia pain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.