+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Idol politics

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    Anyone been to a country concert? With the exception of very few country singers (Garth Brooks) most simply stand on stage and sing (George Strait). They are Entertainers NOT Performers, so that being said if this is the type of singing and entertaining Carrie is used too, then she really wouldn't know how to do anything different. I also think her outfits make her uncomfortable. Especially, the dress that Simon said was Barbie meets Stepford Wives.
    I agree with your entire statement. For me Carrie is a singer & I don't give a flip whether or not she can "Get Ugly". As someone else mentioned on here these people are being asked every week to do something they aren't familiar with & are hammered for not being good at it. How many of them, if they are given recording contracts, are ever going to be asked to sing show tunes or 70's dance music. Carrie is doing just fine & will continue to do so in the future.

FORT Regular

Just saw this at MSNBC.com

Ex-‘Idol’ contestant claims Abdul affair

Report: Clark outlines relationship in book proposal

Has Paula Abdul been judging more than the singing talents of the hopefuls on “American Idol”?

Corey Clark, a 24-year-old former contestant, is claiming that he had a “secret affair” with the 42-year-old judge from the hit show, according to the new issue of Globe magazine.

Clarke reportedly is claiming that he had sex with Abdul in the guest room of her house, that she paid some of his expenses and promised to fund his career to the tune of $2 million, and that she made him vow to keep their relationship a secret. The allegations are reportedly from a book proposal that Clark has been shopping to publishers.

“[Abdul] told [Clark] she wanted to look out for him and be his ‘special friend,’” according to the Globe article. “But he claims she warned him that he couldn’t tell anyone or she’d make things very hard for him, cautioning, ‘Don’t screw me or you’ll be sorry.’” The proposal apparently also describes how Abdul once came up behind Clark, rubbed his neck, and then they began “kissing passionately and feeling each other up” as they moved to the guest bedroom.

Clark got booted from the show after it was revealed that he faced charges of assaulting his teenage sister and clashing with police while resisting arrest.
    The article also alleges that another "American Idol" contestant, Justin Guarini, bragged about having an affair with Abdul. Guarini's rep denies the charge.

Abdul’s spokeswoman didn’t return The Scoop’s repeated calls for comment, but the Globe article says that Abdul “disputes the allegations contained in the book proposal.”

Separately, ABC is reportedly working on a “potentially explosive exposé” on “American Idol,” possibly about “the relationship between ‘Idol’ judges and contestants,” according to Variety magazine.

Well now that is quite the explosive article. Paula, Paula, Paula, what are we going to do with you girl? It sure willbe interesting to see how this plays out.

FORT Regular
    lol and I remember someone joked about Paula sleeping with Constantine in another thread -_-

Hope we discover the truth soon!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    You think Garth rocks, go see Hank Jr. sometime. He is the hardest rockin country boy I have ever seen. You will thorougly enjoy yourself. At least you will if he is sober enough to actually make it onto the stage.
    I hate country music, with a passion. (and my brother even works for a fairly famous country artist). I detest country music. But, having grown up in a small town and having dated a few farm boys, I ended up seeing Hank Jr. in concert THREE times. He is QUITE the performer, and it was very, VERY good. And I hate country music, so that is saying something. I think he was semi-sober the first two times, and drunk as heck the last time, but all were very good, very entertaining. so, he will be my exception to country music being able to entertain me. OKAY OKAY, I went to Farm Aid (how could I forget that? They put a giant tarp on the whole field, it got wet from beer/sodas, etc...and 100,000 people kept falling down.) Anyway, at Farm Aid, Willie Nelson was quite good, too. I guess I should change it to "I hate MOST country music! "
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Well now that is quite the explosive article. Paula, Paula, Paula, what are we going to do with you girl? It sure willbe interesting to see how this plays out.

OOOH this IS interesting! Although, I have to say, if I had of had sex with Corey Clarke and/or Justin Guarini, I might resort to taking painkillers as well.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Could it be that they told all of the contestants that if it came down to it & they were asked to pick a group it would be best if they stood in the middle? And that final contestant just happened to be Bo. I smell something fishy.
    that's EXACTLY what i think most likely happened.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642
    Ex-‘Idol’ contestant claims Abdul affair

Report: Clark outlines relationship in book proposal

Has Paula Abdul been judging more than the singing talents of the hopefuls on “American Idol”?

Corey Clark, a 24-year-old former contestant, is claiming that he had a “secret affair” with the 42-year-old judge from the hit show, according to the new issue of Globe magazine.

Clarke reportedly is claiming that he had sex with Abdul in the guest room of her house, that she paid some of his expenses and promised to fund his career to the tune of $2 million, and that she made him vow to keep their relationship a secret. The allegations are reportedly from a book proposal that Clark has been shopping to publishers.

“[Abdul] told [Clark] she wanted to look out for him and be his ‘special friend,’” according to the Globe article. “But he claims she warned him that he couldn’t tell anyone or she’d make things very hard for him, cautioning, ‘Don’t screw me or you’ll be sorry.’” The proposal apparently also describes how Abdul once came up behind Clark, rubbed his neck, and then they began “kissing passionately and feeling each other up” as they moved to the guest bedroom.

Clark got booted from the show after it was revealed that he faced charges of assaulting his teenage sister and clashing with police while resisting arrest.
    The article also alleges that another "American Idol" contestant, Justin Guarini, bragged about having an affair with Abdul. Guarini's rep denies the charge.

Abdul’s spokeswoman didn’t return The Scoop’s repeated calls for comment, but the Globe article says that Abdul “disputes the allegations contained in the book proposal.”

Separately, ABC is reportedly working on a “potentially explosive exposé” on “American Idol,” possibly about “the relationship between ‘Idol’ judges and contestants,” according to Variety magazine.

You guys aren't going to believe some guy who "assaulted" his sister and then tried to beat the cops, are you? He's obviously looking for money. Didn't Corey talk about how Simon was "out to get him" and was happy when he left? Didn't he also start the rumor that Kim C. and then Trenyce slept with him? He just doesn't seem very reliable or honest to me. Paula was dating someone rather seriously back then. Poor Paula, seems like a lot of people are out to get her right now.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Maybe Paula was drunk or high when she did it--that's the only way I coulda.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Back to the situation with Bo.

I say this with much love for Bo. I am absolutely certain it was staged.

Whenever they do this kind of thing, they ALWAYS have an agenda. Last year, the point was to highlight a "good" group and a "bad group" and whip everybody into a hysterical frenzy about the earth-shattering injustice of it all. They then tarred and feathered John Stevens and rode him out of town on a rail. It was a hateful thing to do and they were widely criticized for it.

This year, we have a talented, likeable contestant who is generally regarded as the front-runner, but for some reason, he stumbles mid-season. I watched the last two results shows, plus the episode this past Tuesday, as a very focused, concentrated effort to help Bo regain his status as the front-runner. Last year, the split was done to make the viewers feel bad for voting for bad people. This year, of course, the top group was pretty much the people that should have been in the top group. This choosing was not about the worthiness of Vonzell, Carrie, and Connie; it was all about giving Bo a chance to look like a really good guy who won't go along with something as crappy as choosing between two groups. It worked, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345