+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bla-sed
    Yeah, no offense to workers for USA today, but they must be sharing Paula's private stash if they thought Anwar was "the bomb"
    Unfortunately I have to agree with you (and Simon.) It wasn't a bad performance but I work in a job where I hear a lot of cover bands who play this song - it's a great dance song. Granted some of these bands are pretty good for cover bands but I'd expect Anwar's version to be much better. It wasn't. It pains me to say that because I really like Anwar.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart
    Am I the only one who always watches this show and has never voted?
    Nope. Actually, I don't even know if it's a toll call (since 800 numbers were freed from the exclusive toll-free status a few years ago).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    How about a big shark breaks through the bottom of the stage and makes off with him??
    Candygram, Scott.

(Hopes there are people who watched old Saturday Night Live).
    Last edited by clay crazy; 04-20-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clay crazy
    Candygram, Scott.

Oh my, ClayCrazy! I laughed so hard I think I ruptured something. Perfect 70's reference, too!

Quote Originally Posted by clay crazy
    Candygram, Scott.

OMG, I'm dying here! I'm sure there are some "young'uns" on this board reading your post and going, "WTH???" Unfortunately, it was truly one of those things where "you had to be there!" There is no way you could explain "Candygram?" to someone and make them realize how funny it was... Thanks for the laugh!

had to tape all my favorite shows this week and chiming in very late.

I read a lot of the posts here but, I don't have time to read them all.

I do agree with a lot of you that Scott was really good. (I never thought I'd say that) I thought he was the best of the night (really never thought I'd say that)

Carrie did look awfully "stiff". I was thinking she had on very high heels. I got nervous she'd fall over watching her. She does have an amazingly good voice but, I don't think she's a good performer. I hope she can loosen up (little late in the game)
    Stooooooopid song. Left the cake out in the rain and I don't think i can bake it whatever.......Just dumb.

Constantine looked like a wacko with the eye makeup and I don't recall right now if he sounded good. I was just thinking OH no here he is going to really do the camera up good with the eye makeup.
    I don't get the attraction with him. I think he's so goofy. But, I think he is one of the best performers and I'm always curious what he'll sound and look like.

Anwar (he was one of my favorites) I thought he'd go and I won't miss him. He just sounded awful until the end of the songs. (IMO)

Vonzell is just boring to me. She seems so sweet and is a great performer but, sounds like a lot of others.

Anthony was cute but, I don't think he's very good.

If you took Vonzell's performing and Carrie's voice they'd be a star right there.

Oh wait! That would be Nadia!!

She had the voice and the presence. I'm still pissed off she got the boot.

If I had to have voted, I'd have to have picked Scott.

Oops. Almost forgot Bo. Actually, I did forget him because I didn't enjoy him at all. I hated the song he sang - I never heard it. And he was annoying with the microphone. (And I really like this guy too)

I hope next week is better. I thought this show sucked.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    Oops. Almost forgot Bo. Actually, I did forget him because I didn't enjoy him at all. I hated the song he sang - I never heard it.
    So you must understand the problem with Nadia's last song. Most people had never heard it before. Bo's song had actually reached #2 on Billboard back in 1970 and lots of people remembered it (though I didn't).

It's really too bad Nadia didn't sing Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" like she had considered doing. If she had, it would be a good bet she'd still be around. But then Bo would be gone, so I'm not sure I like that option either.

+ Reply to Thread