+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Theme Nights

Theme Nights

I dont know about yall but I would like to have a Duet night. When they get paired up randomally and have to perform a song together. That would be tyte.
    The new American Idol is:

Vonzell

or paired up with a know group or singer.

Quote Originally Posted by liljayw91
    I dont know about yall but I would like to have a Duet night. When they get paired up randomally and have to perform a song together. That would be tyte.
    I've mentioned that before- I would LOVE for that to happen!

FORT Newbie
    That would be really cool, but I think since only 2 females are left and there are many more female/male duets than male/male duets they probably won't have a duet night. Of course the Nelly/Tim McGraw duet "Over and Over" would be cool with say... Anwar and Bo

I think a Rock night theme would be awesome, especially with 2 rockers as finalists this year!

FORT Newbie
    That would be really cool, but I think since only 2 females are left and there are many more female/male duets than male/male duets they probably won't have a duet night. Of course the Nelly/Tim McGraw duet "Over and Over" would be cool with say... Anwar and Bo

I think a Rock night theme would be awesome, especially with 2 rockers as finalists this year!

So, on Duet Night, how would you vote? What if one person sang well and the other not? Wouldn't that bring the good one down? I think its a bad idea for the competition.

I think a Rock theme would be good, I always like the Judge's Choice (because I can't believe some of the songs they force on them ) and truly would love a Billy Joel night as well. Then again, wish they'd just let them pick a song, any song, so we'd see where they categorize themselves - and what types of music we could expect from them in the future. Finally, I'd love to see them separate the REAL talent out from the rest, and have them sing their own song and/or accompany themselves: then again, I don't buy music based on who looks/dances the best on a video, which seems to be what "pop" music is all about today.
    Last edited by ADKLove; 04-20-2005 at 11:52 AM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Not really. Just combine the voted
    The new American Idol is:

Vonzell

I'd like to see '60s night -- specifically Phil Spector hits. Of course they couldn't underline Phil Spector because of his current legal problems, but he was the best producer in pop history. Imagine the top 6 doing stuff by the Ronettes, the Crystals, the Righteous Brothers, Darlene Love, Sonny Charles & the Checkmates, Ike & Tina Turner (Vonzell doing "River Deep, Mountain High," anyone?), and Ben E. King. Bo could do the Ramones' "Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio?," Spector's last hit single.

How about something irrational? Like Irish drinking songs or Black metal night. That would be definitely entertaining...

Or maybe not... Like I wrote earlier, I like these broad themes. I don't want them to sing anything they wouldn't sing in "real life".

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    So, on Duet Night, how would you vote? What if one person sang well and the other not? Wouldn't that bring the good one down?
    Voting would still be on an individual basis. Each singer could perform twice, with two different partners. Next week, for example, there would be six contestants left; that would leave us with six performances. At the end of the night, voters choose which contestant did the best overall.

Voting is the problem at all, really. Logistics are the problem. It wouldn't be very fair to have Constantine draw Bo & Carrie, while polar opposites Anthony and Scott stare at one another and wonder how they'll ever make wine out of oil and water. Maybe Duets Week could be saved for the final four, with each contestant performing three times -- once with each remaining contestant.

(PS - Bo and Constantine: "If I Had A Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies. Might be pure magic.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast