+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Theme Nights

I'm not a very big fan of country music....but I think we need a country night again this year. Carrie and Bo would do real good....but can you imagine Anthony or Vonzell doing country?
    kitty-cats rule!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    I'd like a Beatles night. They could also expand the theme to include songs that any of the Beatles were involved in. Therefore Paul McCartney, John Lennon and George Harrison solo efforts, Wings, Travelling Wilburys would also be included on the acceptable list.

Quote Originally Posted by liljayw91
    I dont know about yall but I would like to have a Duet night. When they get paired up randomally and have to perform a song together. That would be tyte.
    Maybe a good idea. But I would hate to see a great performance by one person overshadowed by somebody else's bad performance...

Quote Originally Posted by jmb
    I'd like a Beatles night. They could also expand the theme to include songs that any of the Beatles were involved in. Therefore Paul McCartney, John Lennon and George Harrison solo efforts, Wings, Travelling Wilburys would also be included on the acceptable list.
    last year when they announced Elton John, they said they were working on Paul McCartney for this year. Someone posted that Nigel L. announced there would only be 1 artist specific night. I am betting on that artist being McCartney...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    last year when they announced Elton John, they said they were working on Paul McCartney for this year. Someone posted that Nigel L. announced there would only be 1 artist specific night. I am betting on that artist being McCartney...

I am getting all shivery thinking of that one. If they include Beatles, Wings and solo stuff... what a huge selection of great songs!! But I bet they would limit it to a "song list".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by liljayw91
    I dont know about yall but I would like to have a Duet night. When they get paired up randomally and have to perform a song together. That would be tyte.
    I think Duet night will work once there is like 4 people. For example the final 4 is Carrie, Vonzell, Bo, Constantine. They will all sing with each other at least once so it will be like :

1) Carrie & Bo
    2) Vonzell & Constantine
    3) Bo & Constantine
    4) Carrie & Vonzell
    5) Constantine & Carrie
    6) Vonzell & Bo

So every body would have sang 3 song!

Votings as per normal!

I Hope they do Accapella group where the band takes a leave or Sing as a Soloist in a choir!!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    This season has made me really appreciate the specific artist or writer's theme nights in previous seasons. I do not like what the producers have done this season!!

I love the Beatles music as well as their individual efforts!

It would also be a special treat to see the theme of ELVIS PRESLEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    It would also be a special treat to see the theme of ELVIS PRESLEY!!
    Ladies and Gentleman ...introducing Scott Savol as Elivs....the late years.
    Seems to me that these current finalists are all pretty genre specific. Carrie=country
    Bo & Con = rock
    Vonzell = R&B
    Scott = hip hop/rap artist wannabee
    Anthony = easy listening/adult contemporary
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Ladies and Gentleman ...introducing Scott Savol as Elivs....the late years.
    Seems to me that these current finalists are all pretty genre specific. Carrie=country
    Bo & Con = rock
    Vonzell = R&B
    Scott = hip hop/rap artist wannabee
    Anthony = easy listening/adult contemporary
    Just my opinion.
    Ana Bannana...shame, shame!

Actually, Elvis did sing all those genres except maybe hip hop/ rap! Although since Ray Charles sang rap, it is possible Elvis did! As mentioned before, Elvis is the only singer that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Country Music Hall of Fame, Gospel Music Hall of Fame, and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame!

I would be happy with Elvis or the Beatles! My third choice would be Neil Diamond!

Hee hee Kariann - sometimes I just cannot resist.
    I agree with Beatles, and even Neil Diamond ...did I really type that?
    After some thought, I would also agree that Elvis did have a wide variety of music from which to choose. It just really brings to mind a bad visual image...and I just cannot get it out of my brain...shame on me is right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast