+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing Children to the tapings..a no no?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I have a small child and feel that yes there are some places they should not be.. this may not be one of them simply because its already loud there for the most part. but given whats said at them.. thats not a biggie, like was stated they will hear it in some other way.

There are supposed to be no kids younger than 9 in audience, I think that is the cut off age, unless they are VIPs or family of the contestants. It will always be rough on a child to see someone they love voted off. I know that I hated in in season 2 when they showed Rickey's nephew bawling.

I think it would be better just to have the kids at the performance show and not at the results show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I think it would be better just to have the kids at the performance show and not at the results show.
    Why is this better? It's not going to change the reality of the situation. They are going to feel pain and sadness whether it's live or on tape or gossip in the lunchroom at school. I think our kids are sheltered too much these days. They have showed adults in the audience crying when their favorite was voted off, should they be banned from the show? Yes, it's sad to see a child crying but it's also real. It's good to know that there are children out there who love and appreciate Nadia and the other contestants.

I think what JL was trying to say is that the Tuesday night show is more up beat and fun while each performer gets their opportunity to show their stuff while the Wed show you know SOMEONE is going home and people are going to be sad no matter what!

Like purposely taking your child to a funeral

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    Like purposely taking your child to a funeral
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what exactly you mean here.
    So. No children should be at funerals? Also, no children should see someone be voted off?

I agree w/funnygirl.. children shouldn't be so overly sheltered.

The purpose of funerals are to have "closure"... not to torture the kid. Funerals are actually nurturing in many ways. Some are even fun. And yes, I'd purposefully take my child to a funeral of someone they're "associated" with. Should I lie to the kid and say Aunt Bessy moved to Florida and she'll never call again?

What should you say to the kid who realizes that their favorite singer was voted off? "Well, honey...Nadia just doesn't show up anymore.."..

I'd have more respect of my parents if they were just simply..honest with me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I hate to see the contestants small kids there as well. I'm a reality TV junky and I love to watch The Contender. I'm always bothered by the contestants children being there to see them get their brains beat out. I suppose however, if I were a boxer or a performer, my kids would need to be prepared for me to get booed or cheered or beat up. Guess it just comes with the territory.
    Last edited by tmlw1971; 04-21-2005 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling error spell check not working

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    If they weren't there in the audience, they'd hear the comments from all of the judges on the television.

I don't see anything wrong with having children watch the show live, or in person. They need to understand that there are winners and there are losers. Whether they like someone or not..it's still a competition.
    Maveno, I agree with you. Even though they may like this contestant a lot, they have to realize that not everyone can win this competition. And hopefully they will hear from her again once she gets signed.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Why is this better?
    It is better because no one is kicked off on Tuesday nights. They can enjoy seeing who they like perform and not having to see them go home.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    For me, I would think this would be a wonderful life lesson for a child. Imagine being Nadia's daughter and seeing your mom pursue her lifelong dream. Watch her perform and then get voted off, brush herself off and still continue on with her dream? That could be the best gift to a child. They have to know that things don't always go your way, and that it builds character to fail and then succeed. More children should be taught this philosophy, then maybe we wouldn't have so many lost youth in this world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12