+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seacrest Gets Walk of Fame Star

Seacrest Gets Walk of Fame Star

I haven't seen this posted yet, so here it is.
    link to zap2it news article
    Seacrest Gets Walk of Fame Star
    LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)
    Congratulations, then, Ryan Seacrest on your achievement in earning a coveted star on the Walk of Fame.

Astute television viewers will note that Seacrest's greatest contribution to popular culture landscape, a little show he (and several others) likes to call "American Idol," has only been around for three years, much hardly qualifies it as the kind of venerable institution worthy of Walk of Fame veneration. However, Seacrest's star won't celebrate his legacy on the boob tube. Instead, the polished piece of metal will feature a radio, reflecting a medium in which Seacrest has, indeed, achieved the requisite low level of longevity.
    Personally I really do not mind him getting his star. He is a household name now afterall.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Even though I like Ryan.....this is just WRONG!
    kitty-cats rule!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Given that it happened to him.. I could not be more disappointed.

I remember reading somewhere that all it takes to get a star is to be a reasonably famous entertainer and to write a check to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. I did some Googling to confirm that, and found this:

Who Gave Britney a Hollywood Star?

If this is based on accomplishments, Ryan Seacrest is the last person who should have a star on the Walk of Fame.

Lex
    I've only known him from AI and I didn't think four AI seasons would be enough for this reward. But, the article said that this is for the work he's done on radio. So, that's cool. I didn't know he had been on the radio, but his radio work must've been cool if he gets this recognition.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I remember reading somewhere that all it takes to get a star is to be a reasonably famous entertainer and to write a check to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. I did some Googling to confirm that, and found this:

If this is based on accomplishments, Ryan Seacrest is the last person who should have a star on the Walk of Fame.
    Oh, I was under the impression that the Walk of Fame was a thing where they honored people for their acomplishments. But, Britney has one? I've lost all respect for the Walk of Fame.

So Ryan Seacrest gets a star but Jerry Orbach doesn't? That's wrong.

Ryan who?
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    So Ryan Seacrest gets a star but Jerry Orbach doesn't? That's wrong.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach

This answers a lot of questions. Britney and now Ryan Seacrest? Sounds like the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce is either in need of funds or is too impatient to wait for REAL legends to be honored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast