+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seacrest Gets Walk of Fame Star

I did some more reading (always dangerous). Robert Redford, Mel Gibson, Jane Fonda, and Clint Eastwood do not have stars. Big Bird, PeeWee Herman, Pat Sajak and now Ryan Seacrest do have stars. It's just a PR gimmick.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    His fans could've paid the sum to get him a star. And boy does he deserve it...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'd say Big Bird deserves it more than Seacrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    His fans could've paid the sum to get him a star. And boy does he deserve it...

If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

You know what? Good for him. He might not be the first person that comes to mind that should get one, but he works really hard and is a great entertainer. Congratulations to him.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    You know what? Good for him. He might not be the first person that comes to mind that should get one, but he works really hard and is a great entertainer. Congratulations to him.
    Well Said!!! He's made a place for himself in the entertainment industry & maybe he did it a little quicker than others. I'm So proud of him and "his Star" is SO WELL deserved imo!
    I just love him!!!
    Ryan also does the AT40 Countdown, which he took over from Casey Kasem. Casey was SO famous for broadcasting that countdown for GOD knows SOOOOO many years (I lost count!) Those are HUGE shoes to fill & Ryan has accomplished that feat!!! Speaking of....
    Tune in Sunday Apr. 24th @ 8:00 on FOX for the American Top 40 Radio Countdown show!
    I can't wait!!!
    No Awards, No drawn out talk- just pure entertainment from todays HOTTEST in the music world!
    I'm so excited & can't wait!!! What a show that will be!!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 04-17-2005 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I did some more reading (always dangerous). Robert Redford, Mel Gibson, Jane Fonda, and Clint Eastwood do not have stars. Big Bird, PeeWee Herman, Pat Sajak and now Ryan Seacrest do have stars. It's just a PR gimmick.
    Hey, leave Big Bird out of this!

Does anybody remember that the 1st season of AI, Ryan had a sidekick co-host named Brian Dunkleman? (I think that was his name). He was horrendous. Not funny, not cool, totally wrong. They dumped him and Seacrest did the rest of the seasons alone -- I think it's better for him. Can you imagine if AI hadn't sacked Dunkleman, and he had a star on the Walk of Fame too? Ha!

Actually cd, Dunkelman was there 'till the first season finale but they didn't bring him back for the second season. But yep, he was pretty bad.

Oh yeah, and to the person that called Soul Music crap. Put Em Up
    Just Kidding.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 04-18-2005 at 04:00 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie
    Does Jeff Probst from what almost 10 "seasons" of Survivor get a star?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast