+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: American Idol, Top 8 Results: It's All About Song Choice

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    It's not surprising that Laurie - I mean Connie was safe, but I did get my hopes up. Interestingly, I really believe the producers have promoted Connie a lot. He had heavy pre-finals pimping and over the weekend I happened to be watching Fox and a commercial came on for AI and they showed the clip where Paula tells Connie, "I think I'm falling in love with you." Anwar also got a plug with gushing remarks, but no one else was shown or mentioned. If this was a political campaign Fox would be (and should be) forced to show clips of the other contestants.
    You haven't been watching much of Fox during the political campaigns have you? They're not doing anything different from what they usually do at all

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    I only pointed how what the judges were saying because they are almost schizophrenic in what they keep telling the performers. For instance, they keep telling Carrie to just be her country self but I have no doubt if she did that they would slam her.
    I think this is a point of how much guidance/critique can you give instead of a soundbite in a competition like this. I'm not sure how much feedback the finalists receive inbetween shows, but if all they have to go on are the judges' comments in show, then I agree 100%; it'd be like trying to follow 3 schizos down the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by bla-sed
    I think this is a point of how much guidance/critique can you give instead of a soundbite in a competition like this. I'm not sure how much feedback the finalists receive inbetween shows, but if all they have to go on are the judges' comments in show, then I agree 100%; it'd be like trying to follow 3 schizos down the deep end.
    no kidding
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Thank you lobeck. I agree, Nadia left much too early. It's not going to be the same without her.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I disagree. Just as you are saying that people can vote hundreds or thousands of times for the one people think is the cutest, etc., people could also vote hundreds or thousands of time for someone they don't like for whatever reason, resulting in that contestant's departure, whether they should be the one to go or not.
    I also think it would be like Survivor. People would end up voting off the best singers first because they were a threat to their faves. We would be left with the mediocre singers nobody thought were a threat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234