+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    It was part of a rockin' medley-remake in 1988 or 89 -- that's how I knew it. Awesome song, but it's awesome because of the guitar, not because of the vocals. Bo should've known that.
    Agreed. Its a good song but not something someone should choose to show off vocals. The guitar makes that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Mis
    Ok, Scott was really scary looking this week. He had this "you little bitch" look when Simon started talking. LOL.

ETA: I agree with others - good sounding chorus from Scott; the low notes were on the contrary though. I do think that comment about how millions don't have the nerve to be up there or whatever will turn off some voters.
    What do you expect, he's singing "She's Gone". Probably very appropriate since the news of him battering his girlfriend came out. So he should look the part right on!

Nadia is the one who should be singing Dionne W. songs, since they both sing so low. But for the most part, Dionne's songs drag and just plain dull and nobody wants to hear that crap on Idol.
    Wow, I never thought I'd see a legend like Dionne Warwick and the word crap mentioned in the same sentence, isn't that illegal or something?. Something tells me you're not a big Burt Bacharach fan fireflyer?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Who will be in the bottom three: Scott, Nadia and Bo. Yes, Bo. I've been predicting he is slipping to the bottom for weeks and I believe tonight is the night. Anwar is VERY close to Bo as an alternate but I really think Anwar is collecting some of Nikko's votes and should be, maybe, safe for another week. Bo will be sent back first to the couch leaving Scott and Nadia side by side.

Going home: That's right, Scott. She's gone. Say goodbye to Nadia. Baby V no longer needs the competition. There is not enough room on the Ark.
    Wow! You nailed it. Well done.

I had Anwar, Scott, and Nadia in the bottom 3 with Nadia going home but you one upped me.

But I not sure that anyone predicted Scott would get the reprieve first and the bottom 2 would be Bo and Nadia.

FORT Fogey
    It was part of a rockin' medley-remake in 1988 or 89 -- that's how I knew it. Awesome song, but it's awesome because of the guitar, not because of the vocals. Bo should've known that.
    Hmmm, that's an excellent point. Many of the best rock songs are great because of the instrumentals, not the vocal parts. A lot of Led Zeppelin songs come to mind.

And yeah, Bo should have definitely known that.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    I think it's just that Anwar is more feminine, cheesier, and more Dionne-ish than Nadia. He's actually more feminine than Dionne. Next time he might as well just sing Whitney and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkonreality
    You guys are aware that Anwar's gay, right? NTTAWTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    What does that have to do with his Telethon-style singing cheese? Elton John is gay but he doesn't drip off the camera lens. Anwar couldn't do "Rocket Man" even with huge pink glasses on AND an English accent.
    Not only hasn't Anwar shown any capability of doing Elton John songs, it doesn't seem like he'd be able to cover George Michael either (another gay pop icon).

Dionne Warwick songs are often cheesy, insipid and dull, but she has this amazing voice that somehow makes them sound so much better than the material deserves.

chiming in late as usual. Didn't see either show until late late.

I'm sick of hearing about Anwar being gay. What does that have to do with his singing?
    (I'm in a rotten mood) so, usually it probably doesn't bother me but, just now reading the posts it irritated me.

Paula sober? she's just like that? Oh boy.

Nadia doing what she wanted to do - good for her.
    I thought she sang well. I think she looked great too. I hope she gets a good record deal.

Anwar was pretty good IMO

Scott was awful. Like Simon said, more off notes than on. Too true.

Vonzell was good. Carrie was awful.

Freebird without the riffs is not Freebird. = Randy is an @ass too.

Anthony did do better but, enough to have him beat out Bo and Nadia?! NO!

Constantine I thought did amazingly well. I LOVE Freddy Mercury and found that pretty gutsy to take that on (especially that song)
    Blew me away. Now if I could just handle looking at him (although he was good on this one (IMHO)

I found myself way too upset about Nadia and the whole show (Paula's behavior - Simon always getting cut off) favorites among the judges etc, etc.

From here on in, I'm not taking it serious anymore. Just going to keep it light and fluffy cuz in the end that's all it really is I guess. :phhht
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

I'd love to hear either Bo or Constantine do Aerosmith's - "I don't want to miss a thing". Typical, classic rocker ballad. I think this song would REALLY up someone's ratings.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread