+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It is really weird to say

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar

It is really weird to say

Between last season and this season, I really haven't watched as much as I did the second season. I don't know why I just didn't get into things. Anybody feel the same way kinda? I mean last year when Matt Rogers got booted that early on, I felt it was a fix...this season I do have two favorites Bo and Constinine...I hope either one of them win becuase I am into metal and rock music now....I have been a bad girl with TV...I gues I just don't have time to watch anymore lol...
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

Well, I certainly do think that the contest is basically over. Carrie is going to win, no matter what Bo and Constantine do in the coming weeks to try to challenge her. (Everybody else, as wonderful as some of them are, are barely even factors here.) Simon won't allow another result, and his commentary holds LOTS of weight with casual viewers.

On the other hand, last week not withstanding, it's a better cast than last year in general and my enthusiasm has improved.

What did you say, Simon? krstlfethr's Avatar
    I know exactly what you mean. I got hooked on American Idol during season 1, and I watched season 2 obsessively. During the 3rd season, I tried watching, but by the end, I didn't care anymore. Frankly, I thought last year's contestants couldn't hold a candle to season 2. (Both Jons, Jasmine, Camille) Or maybe they just weren't my cup of tea. This year, I watched the auditions, the Hollywood semi-finals, and then I quit. I like the contestants (Anwar, Vonzell) but that's where it ends. Maybe I just outgrew their targeted demographic?
    "[t]he soul is the effect and instrument of political anatomy: the soul is the prison of the body."
    -Foucault

I find myself agreeing with all three of you! What is missing this year is we don't know much about most of the contestants. There has been very little visual and conversational information presented. Wednesday will be an expanded edition to one hour, so maybe they WILL deal with this problem?

However, when you love the show you still keep tuned hoping it will get better! For me, nothing can top the Final Five of Season 2! I loved the attention given to established stars. Since I am older, much of the music was MY music growing up! I think Season 3 was also good in this way. This may be why I personally find this season to be a bit boring? The talent is there but something is missing!

Yes, the pushing of Carrie down our throast has gotten to me. Simon has greater control than I would like and the judging seems worse than previous years!

I kinda agree. This years season is better cast than last year's. Simon will get what he wants and I feel that Carrie will win. I personally don't think she's anything special but she will get it. I'm more excited about what the #2-#4 contestants will come away from this compeition. I feel that this is the year not of the winner (Carrie) but the runner ups. I would hate to see RCA & !9E get their hands on Bo, Constantine, Anwar and Vonzell. Even Nadia. They all need a label that has real edge, will promote the right way and get AMAZING songwriters. They need top management like CAA not cheesy 19E. Carrie is right in line with the RCA roster. J records wouldn't know what to do with Anwar. So she should win cause she's better suited for RCA (Not because she has star quality IMO). I watch because I'm still a fan of the show, and you never know, you might see an "upset"

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    I find myself agreeing with all three of you! What is missing this year is we don't know much about most of the contestants. There has been very little visual and conversational information presented. Wednesday will be an expanded edition to one hour, so maybe they WILL deal with this problem?
    What do you mean one hour on Wednesday? Its usually only 30 minutes. Where did you find this out?
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gionta1222
    What do you mean one hour on Wednesday? Its usually only 30 minutes. Where did you find this out?
    Hi! I read this on the American Idol official website.

oh cool. did they say what else they are going to do that will take up one hour?
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kariann1
    Wednesday will be an expanded edition to one hour, so maybe they WILL deal with this problem?
    Yay, more Idol.
    Although I loved AI1 I didn't really take it seriously - it just seemed like a cheesy low budget reality show until the very end. Season 2 did have lots of excitement because of the phenomenal talent but season 3 was kind of boring. The excitement is back for me this year. I think most of the contestants left are very, very talented and I have definite favorites, unlike last year.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

but does anybody know what they are gonne do with the extra time?
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast