+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: It is really weird to say

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    i don't agree with this. as an avid idol fan for all four seasons, i think this is one of the better years for talent. last year was my favorite as fantasia is 100% the best idol of all time (followed by kelly), but i think this year is something different. you win some, you lose some. i've found that if i start losing interest it's because i'm not paying close enough attention to the show. once i do that, i'm hooked again. the drama, the upsets... i can't get enough! i love me some idol
    Praise seitan!

I wouldn't know because this is my first season watching this show. I'm not really into reality TV (excepting The Apprentice) but this show is a competition more than reality. I got locked in from the first show this year and can see why it's numero uno. The build up is incredible.

So not having anything to compare it to I have to say I LOVE Season 4!!!

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    good to see new fans to idol! i got hooked just before the top 10 in season one. i love the competition factor of the show, but would never buy an album of any contestant because i just simply don't care for pop music. i love voting and deciding the fate of worthy contestants though!
    Praise seitan!

I told my husband that I was getting the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" feeling....i.e., it comes on too often and my attention span is wandering. There are other shows catching my attention like "Alias, Lost, CSI", etc. So goodbye, AI, nice knowing you. I still TiVo it but I fast forward to the end.

We watched the first season sporatically and were disappointed when Tamyra left too soon. Kelly has done well for herself, but Justin seems a bit of a joke. Season 2 was outstanding because of the Clay/Ruben standoff. I think Clay's success after the show had a lot to do with his fans' perception that he really was the winner and set out to prove it with CD sales. Season 3 was a bust for us here because none of us liked Fantasia and the judges made it too obvious she was going to win. There were too many divas and pretty pink princesses. We ended up rooting for John Stevens because he was different and sweet, but it was embarassing. This year you have it all... The judges' preordained winner who we hate (Carrie), the Bo/Constantine standoff, the totally repulsive (Scott, to us), the gone-before-her-time Nadia, the sweet favorite who is a little embarassing (Anwar - seems to have a lot of detractors), and the also-rans (Anthony/Vonzell).
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    The judges' preordained winner who we hate (Carrie), the Bo/Constantine standoff, the totally repulsive (Scott, to us), the gone-before-her-time Nadia, the sweet favorite who is a little embarassing (Anwar - seems to have a lot of detractors), and the also-rans (Anthony/Vonzell).
    Don't hate Carrie beacause of Simon. Judge a performer based on her appeal to you.

FORT Newbie
    I about 50/50 agree. I agree that it has been set up as Carrie being the favorite although over the past 2 weeks, Simon has been honest with her by saying she has not had her best performances.
    To me this has been the best season of Idol, with the exception of Season 2 but this season is not over with and I think once they get to the top 5 we will get to know the contestants even better which will make the show better. The talent is unbelievable compared to last year's show.
    Early on last year, just like Carrie we all knew Fantasia was picked to win and she did but (not to offend anyone) but I did not like Fantasia so I quit watching the show.
    This year I am having a hard time picking a favorite. Sometimes it's Constantine, Bo, Carrie, or even Vonzell has really impressed me. I like them all so much that I don't miss an episode because I am wanting to see who pulls off the best performance. Last year - Fantasia almost always had the best performance and so especially for us that were not fans it got to be very boring.

FORT Fanatic
    None of the performers who are left are really "pop" idol material. Anthony comes closest because of his 'boy-band' look and appeal to the young female teeny boppers.

Carrie's career is going to be in country. Garth Brooks has already contacted her and set the wheels in motion.

Bo and Constantine are rockers and ya just can't take the rocker out of either of those boys.

Scott - ewww...even if he can sing which he can occasionally... he just has a creepyness about him.

Anwar - has a 'trained' voice and is likely to end up in a more classical arena.

Vonzell... not gonna make it to the finals.

FORT Fogey
    I agree with E-daddy...I started watching at the final 4 or 5 of season 1, and my favorites were season two and three. Last year not because of Fantasia, but I enjoyed the drama of the 3 divas, loved George, and my favorite performance was Latoya with the Big Band. I couldn't stand that Jasmine and Camille stayed around so long, and thought Matt went at the right time. I liked him, but didn't think he was fantastic (though I like him a lot more than Scott and Anthony from this season).

Vocally many of these folks are better singers, but ALL are worse PERFORMERS than season 1 or 2. Just last night's dance music theme showed that they can sing, but none of them put on the 70s dance performance. Vonzell I think has been the one who has at least improved each week even though she's not the best technically, I think she gives the best performance overall. I am tired of the "carrying around the microphone and shaking hair around" rockers, Carrie can only sing while standing still, Anthony is boring, as is Anwar, and Scott just creeps me out. I was a huge Nadia fan, at least she brought us something unique each week, and while I agree she had 2 poorer performances, I thought overall she had both the vocals and the performance personality/moves...and wish she could come back.

There have been many complaints about Bo and Constantine carrying the mic with them the entire performance! It is so distracting. I hope they will make some changes in the coming weeks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345