+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It is really weird to say

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I think FORT has a short term memory.

This Idol is FAR AND AWAY the best idol yet.

1) 80% less cheese (awful commericials. horrible group singalongs)

2) Ryan Seacrest is better. (Better questions, moves the show along)

3) Less "filler". (Got rid of the contestant house/shopping spree, etc)

4) No celebrity judges. (Nuff said here)

5) Better choice of genres. (They have only had 1 'off' week this year .. in previous years they would have 3 or 4 bad genres)

Finally, the talent is better. IMMENSELY better. Performances are top notch and the talent is pretty deep.
    I agree with you, especially about the filler and no celebrity judges. Moving them from the finals to the first round was one of the best moves the producers have made, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    I think season two yielded the most talent. That was a phenomenal top ten minus Josh & Carmen. Last year and this year there are a handful of talented people. Most of this year's contestants need training IMO. Would you go to the AI4 concert? I certainly wouldn't.

I would go to the AI4 concert in a hearbeat. I actually think the solo numbers on this years tour have the potential to be the best yet as the voices are spectacular. The group numbers need some work, but they have plenty of time for that.

But then I think Josh was one of the best in the top 10 season two, so what do I know?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I would go to the AI4 concert in a hearbeat. I actually think the solo numbers on this years tour have the potential to be the best yet as the voices are spectacular. The group numbers need some work, but they have plenty of time for that.

But then I think Josh was one of the best in the top 10 season two, so what do I know?

And he is scheduled to sign the national anthem before the NASCAR Nextel Cup Race this Sunday.

He has actually made more of a career for himself then most of the other people from that season.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    At least he's not on crappy sitcoms.

FORT Fogey
    The first Idol was the best because it was exciting and brand new. The second season stunk bad mainly due to Ruben Studdard (what a flop!) The third season wasn't much better. This season is as good as the first due to a number of talented performers and most importantly, CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They have all had their ups and downs .This seasons group seems to have the least amount of really cringe-worthy performances. The public has finally decided not to let people slide through on personality alone.
    Last edited by eny; 04-12-2005 at 05:39 PM. Reason: because spelling is a good thing

I liked the second season, didn't care as much for last year but this year is my all time favorite. There isn't a single person this year who makes me cringe. There are four or five who are very good and anyone of them could easily win. IMO

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I guess I am going to be the voice of opposition here.

First I am a total idol addict: I watched the first season of POP IDOL and have been in States for all of the AI seasons.

I believe that season is the best of all four seasons talent wise. Personally I am glad that they cut out all the background information on the contestants and the getting to know you stuff. For me the show is primarly about singing and who is the best singer.

Now, that doesn't mean I agree with the votes, as none of my favourites are left

But I still like this season more than any of the others on vocal talent alone.
    I'll join you in that opposition There is some terrific talent here and if people got a little less personally vested in someone and just enjoyed the show each week, they might appreciate the show more.

Quote Originally Posted by krstlfethr
    I know exactly what you mean. I got hooked on American Idol during season 1, and I watched season 2 obsessively. During the 3rd season, I tried watching, but by the end, I didn't care anymore. Frankly, I thought last year's contestants couldn't hold a candle to season 2.
    I watched about 2 episodes of Season 1 (the last 2 if I remember clearly) and was very interested in watching the second season. My favorite Idol winner by far is definitely Kelly Clarkson. Her and Clay were my two favorite contestants on American Idol out of the 4 seasons. As for my favorite season, it was by far the 2nd season. (At least, it was the most obsessive and the one I cared most about!)

Last year, I really had no preference and I agree with krstlfethr - I could've cared less who won or what happened each week. To me, it was a relatively talentless year and while there some good singers, the "it" factor was not there for me for any contestants. I wasn't driven to care about any of the contestants enough to want them to win and to go out and buy their CD.

This year, I think the talent is absolutely amazing, and I enjoy watching it every week. I certainly watch it with more enthusiasm than I watched last year but it's definitely not the same as Season 2...perhaps it's the getting older thing
    *Lacey

FORT Fogey
    I've enjoyed all the seasons that I've watched, although I only watched the last episode of season 1, but that's what got me interested. Season 2 is the best IMO although Ruben is probably the worst winner (sales wise). I actually enjoyed both Josh and Carmen; they're my 2 favorite singers from that season. Josh really is making it somewhere, too. I think he got nominated for best new artist for the CMT awards.

I actually miss the fluff this season. I liked getting a tour of the idol mansion and getting to know the contestants more. I like the back stories. I don't feel like I know these contestants as well but overall, I like this season more than last year, especially since the guys are dominating. Last year had too many girls and that just was overbearing. I hated last year's F4. What is dragging this season down is Scott. He is the worst AI finalist ever if you factor in everything. Say what you want about Carmen and John S, at least they're good kids. I think once Scott is gone, I will enjoy the season so much more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast