+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It is really weird to say

I think FORT has a short term memory.

This Idol is FAR AND AWAY the best idol yet.

1) 80% less cheese (awful commericials. horrible group singalongs)

2) Ryan Seacrest is better. (Better questions, moves the show along)

3) Less "filler". (Got rid of the contestant house/shopping spree, etc)

4) No celebrity judges. (Nuff said here)

5) Better choice of genres. (They have only had 1 'off' week this year .. in previous years they would have 3 or 4 bad genres)

Finally, the talent is better. IMMENSELY better. Performances are top notch and the talent is pretty deep.

I agree with you, Toxic. Plus, raising the age limit has given us experienced performers in Bo, Constantine and Nadia, all who really "own the stage," IMO.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    This season is MUCH better than the previous season. I don't think it is as good as season two, but I think that is mainly because I severely dislike Scott. All I can think of is getting rid of him.

The talent is better, the performers are more interesting, and this year I don't have to hear Fantasia! What more could you ask for, really? John Stevens back?

for the last 3 posts...thanks for putting even more reasons for why this season is the best to date.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I was absolutely HOOKED on American Idol during season 3. I think it was because it was the first season I ever watced. I don't like this one is as much, but I still like it.

FORT Newbie
    I still personally think last season was better in terms of quality of talent. This season has by far the strongest talent in group but individually, they still lose to the likes of latoya, diana, fantasia, and jennifer. this season has the quantity of good talent, but individually, they're still not strong enough. who knows they might grow more and more, but so far i havent really been blown away by any performance like i had in the previous seasons. (latoya - all by myself, fantasia - summertime; i believe, diana - one voice, jennifer - circle of life, clay aiken, kelly, ruben, tamrya) maybe my expectation's too high.... i think the guys did better in the semi-finals. (save for constantine who grew alot altho i hate him )

I'm still looking for that performance that will wow me and leave me speechless. carrie come close with "Alone" but her lack of stage presence made her look like a singing robot. i dunno what's so great about nadia, she has really painful expression in her face whenever she sings and her vocal wasnt that strong. i'm only rooting for vonzell now. its still early, lets hope they can outgrew the prior seasons' talent.
    Life is but illusions of wishes. Wishes that comes true is what we call fairyland.

Quote Originally Posted by nameJack
    I still personally think last season was better in terms of quality of talent. This season has by far the strongest talent in group but individually, they still lose to the likes of latoya, diana, fantasia, and jennifer. this season has the quantity of good talent, but individually, they're still not strong enough. who knows they might grow more and more, but so far i havent really been blown away by any performance like i had in the previous seasons. (latoya - all by myself, fantasia - summertime; i believe, diana - one voice, jennifer - circle of life, clay aiken, kelly, ruben, tamrya) maybe my expectation's too high.... i think the guys did better in the semi-finals. (save for constantine who grew alot altho i hate him )

I'm still looking for that performance that will wow me and leave me speechless. carrie come close with "Alone" but her lack of stage presence made her look like a singing robot...
    You make a good point here! I would like to believe the outstanding performances are coming soon!

Why is it more difficult to name highlights from Season One?

EDIT: Oops, I see Dinahann did address this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Although I loved AI1 I didn't really take it seriously - it just seemed like a cheesy low budget reality show until the very end.
    Last edited by Kariann1; 04-10-2005 at 05:42 AM.

I didn't take AI1 all that seriously, either. To have Kelly go against Justin wasn't a fair fight. Most of the guys on season 1 were just plain BAD.

FORT Regular
    It was interesting to me that for this season they wanted to ensure that there were 6 males and 6 females in the final 12. I can understand that they wanted an even playing field but did they leave off other quality contenders because they filled their "quota" for a paricular gender?

Last year it seemed the women were stronger then the men. This year it seems that the men were stronger than the women so it did not surprise me when women were voted off first. Nor should it have surprised anyone that Nikko was the first male voted off since he was the replacement and had gotten the lowest vote total for the males previously (even though I did think he was better than Scott last week).

As the group gets smaller and smaller, it's getting harder to vote a particular person off. The talent difference or however you base your choice is not that big.

Will somone who is not expected to be one of the top people (ex: Scott, Anthony, Anwar, Nadia (who I personally like)) have a "breakout" performance this week and still be in the bottom three? It's quite possible.

No matter how much they say it's a singing contest, it's a talent contest, it's also a popularity contest.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    I think season two yielded the most talent. That was a phenomenal top ten minus Josh & Carmen. Last year and this year there are a handful of talented people. Most of this year's contestants need training IMO. Would you go to the AI4 concert? I certainly wouldn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast