+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespect

A Friggin' Princess HueyDueyLuey961's Avatar

Disrespect

I started this thread in last season's thread, but it still applies this season, so I'll make one for this season.

I am simply appaled by the attitudes of Paula and Randy towards Simon this year. Every week, Randy will say something right out of 1986, Paula will comment on the contestants shoes while drunk, and when Simon has something truthful to say, they interrupt him. While, during Paula's 30 seconds of "critiquing", Simon is quiet, no matter how stupid she sounds. I just wish that Paula and Randy will show some respect for Simon. He's usually right, and has more experience in music that either of them, so why must they treat him so terribly? It's been something that's been bugging me for a long time now, and after last night, I am completely fed up. Maybe the Idol execs should consider replacing Paula and Randy with people who are actually modern and sober.

Right, like that will happen.
    In Production Now- Decision 2005: A FoRT Game

As a matter of fact, I was a member of the Council on BB:TC.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Or maybe they could let Simon go first....and give him a GIANT BUZZER and have him press the buzzer whenever they talk.

Maybe I would be more eager to watch that way!

You could argue the point that Randy and Paula's actions play into Simon Cowell's hand. I mean, Simon's IS the only judge's opinion anyone, including the contestants is at all interested in!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    ^ Exactly.
    He is also the one that out of all three of them gets the most attention.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I've been trying to figure out what is up with Randy and Paula this season and "Disrespect" is right on. I am not surprised by Paula's behavior because she has had problems in the past and I really hope she gets some help soon. However, Randy's behavior toward Simon is appalling. Listen to Simon, Randy and stop shouting at him! I completely agree with you HueyDueyLuey and they should be replaced since Simon is the ONLY one who is working and the other two are doing nothing except saying "It was a little pitchy but it was all right." "Some pitch problems in the beginning..." "You were wonderful." I'm trying to remember the other statement - and these are the only ones you'll hear from them.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Both of your premises are incorrect.

First, it's not disrespect. It's schtick. And it's completely by design. If the producers didn't want the backtalk from Randy and Paula, they would put a stop to it.

Second, Simon does not have "more experience in music than either of them." Randy has just as much experience -- arguably more if one gives proper weight to the fact that he's been a member of a multi-platinum selling band.

Now that I think of it that way, Warhol, I guess I see your point. I just feel that Paula and Randy shouldn't be interrupting Simon, whether it's disrespect or shtick. I also agree that Randy might have more experience that Simon; I just feel Simon can tell the difference between good and bad singers better. And he doesn't talk like a MCHammer video. JMHO.

I haven't noticed Randy disrupting as much as Paula has. Paula always interupts Simon and yes, it's getting annoying. I always figured Randy was just being nice when he was actually a little bored by a performance but just saids instead "it was a little pitchy." I think Randy does have a lot of experience in the business...Paula was more of a dancer than singer.

I've always taken the rude comments about Paula with a grain of salt but she really does seem to be crazy this year. Not only because she interupts everytime its Simon's turn to speak but, what about those times when she jumps out of her chair and starts to give Laker Girl type cheers to the contestants she likes? Out of control.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 04-06-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    I haven't noticed Randy disrupting as much as Paula has. Paula always interupts Simon and yes, it's getting annoying. I always figured Randy was just being nice when a was a little bored by a performance but just comments "it was a little pitchy." I think Randy does have a lot of experience in the business...Paula was more of a dancer than singer.

I've always taken the rude comments about Paula with a grain of salt but she really does seem to crazy this year. Not only because she interjects herself everytime its Simon's turn to speak but, what about those times when she jumps out of her chair and starts to give Laker Girl type cheers to the contestants she likes? Out of control.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I included Randy in my original post simply because he cannot truly judge the contestants, and clearly has a problem with Simon. And his vocabulary is glaringly inarticulate, or at least not at the calibur of a singing judge. For example, "Dawg" is a mispelling of a common word, not a way to describe a person. Please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast