+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disrespect

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    The interaction between the judges is why I seldom watch the show anymore. The banter between them and with Ryan play much too large a part of the show, when it is really the contestants we are interested in, not them.

I know that barely anyone watched the Starlet, but I really appreciated the panel of judges on that show. They offered their honest critique on the contestants' performances, that's all. They did disagree occasionally, but handled it civillly without attacking each other for their clothes or sexual preferences.
    I also agree.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    She was way out of hand last night. "I don't care who wins this! You'll all get contracts! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! PASS MY VODKA!"
    MajiH, your posts are killing me!!! I agree too.

Paula has always annoyed us when she gives her "you're wonderful" speech.. and I DO understand that she's playing the 'buffer' role for the kids on stage, so she's been somewhat tolerant cuz we know she's playing a role.
    But, she has actually started to provide HUMOR now. Ever since the rumors of her drinking have come to light...we've been laughing our a$$e$ off when we listen to her!!! It's fun to listen to her now.

When she went all gaga over Constatine and said.."Ok. I ..I..I'm just gonna have to admit it..I'm falling in lurve with you".. Immediately we started chiming in with our imitations of her drinking the vodka and mumbling on and on about her "lurve for him".. Her beer-goggle comments!! It's hysterical!!

So, in our house..we're loving on Paula now. I wish I had photoshopping skills so I could change her Coke cup into a Stoli cup, or a Duff beer.

Simon is and always has been a favorite of ours... we love Paula now cuz she's drunk, and Randy? Oy, Randy can be replaced.. I really don't think AI (or my ears) would be missing out on the "dawg" comments.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    She shouldn't have said that. She basically invalidated the premise of the show.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I recall that some entertainment show made light of the change in her behavior after she and her bf broke up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    MajiH, your posts are killing me!!! I agree too.

Paula has always annoyed us when she gives her "you're wonderful" speech.. and I DO understand that she's playing the 'buffer' role for the kids on stage, so she's been somewhat tolerant cuz we know she's playing a role.
    But, she has actually started to provide HUMOR now. Ever since the rumors of her drinking have come to light...we've been laughing our a$$e$ off when we listen to her!!! It's fun to listen to her now.

When she went all gaga over Constatine and said.."Ok. I ..I..I'm just gonna have to admit it..I'm falling in lurve with you".. Immediately we started chiming in with our imitations of her drinking the vodka and mumbling on and on about her "lurve for him".. Her beer-goggle comments!! It's hysterical!!

So, in our house..we're loving on Paula now. I wish I had photoshopping skills so I could change her Coke cup into a Stoli cup, or a Duff beer.

Simon is and always has been a favorite of ours... we love Paula now cuz she's drunk, and Randy? Oy, Randy can be replaced.. I really don't think AI (or my ears) would be missing out on the "dawg" comments.

complete with drunkard comment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    I just love when she makes absolutely no sense.

"You are the epitome to American Idol."

You don't act as the epitome TO something. Like the ambassador to something. I'm the ambassador to the epitome to American Idol.
    I think she actually said, "You are the epitome of R&B to American Idol."

What does that mean? How are you the epitome to something, though? I removed the nonessential phrase, but I still think she is dysfunctional.

Quote Originally Posted by HueyDueyLuey961
    I started this thread in last season's thread, but it still applies this season, so I'll make one for this season.

I am simply appaled by the attitudes of Paula and Randy towards Simon this year. Every week, Randy will say something right out of 1986, Paula will comment on the contestants shoes while drunk, and when Simon has something truthful to say, they interrupt him. While, during Paula's 30 seconds of "critiquing", Simon is quiet, no matter how stupid she sounds. I just wish that Paula and Randy will show some respect for Simon. He's usually right, and has more experience in music that either of them, so why must they treat him so terribly? It's been something that's been bugging me for a long time now, and after last night, I am completely fed up. Maybe the Idol execs should consider replacing Paula and Randy with people who are actually modern and sober.

Right, like that will happen.

Interesting, I don't think it's disrespect though. Paula lacks ANY hint of self-constraint and Randy seems wildly egocentric and not very interested in being contradicted. I think Simon's half-hearted comment to Anwar that "you seem comfortable" without saying anything else despite the obvious fact he wanted to was part resignation that Anwar isn't going to change so why bother, part "I would rather be eaten by cannibals than listen to more noxious Broadway butcherings" and part was clearly weariness with being interupted on syllable three of his comments by Mistress Abdul; he was CLEARLY in a bad mood allllllll night on Tuesday but I suppose if he truly hated what the other two were doing he would demand changes so...

I found it telling Anthony immediately agreed with Simon when asked about the "hideous" comment- ever notice Ryan says the audience agreed with Simonn 4 times out of 5 when he does his shtick
    Last edited by 1083; 04-07-2005 at 05:48 PM.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Simon's IS the only judge's opinion anyone, including the contestants is at all interested in!
    I know it's the only opinion I'M interested in when I watch! He's usually spot-on, but sometimes I disagree with him. Also, sometimes he's not very constructive; like this week, most of his critiques just consisted of saying that a performance was horrible or awful or whatever. But he needs to say WHY. WHAT made it bad? Ya know? It's not real helpful to tell someone something wasn't good unless you tell them what made it not good. How can you fix what's wrong if you don't know what you're doing wrong?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    But he needs to say WHY. WHAT made it bad? Ya know? It's not real helpful to tell someone something wasn't good unless you tell them what made it not good. How can you fix what's wrong if you don't know what you're doing wrong?
    At this point I don't think Simon needs to qualify it any longer. Example. Anthony. He either has IT or he doesn't. You can't tell him how to get IT. What is Simon to say to him other than "Anthony, sing better!". At least that is how I see it.

+ Reply to Thread