+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disrespect

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    She was way out of hand last night. "I don't care who wins this! You'll all get contracts! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! PASS MY VODKA!"
    ~*~ Maji *~

The interaction between the judges is why I seldom watch the show anymore. The banter between them and with Ryan play much too large a part of the show, when it is really the contestants we are interested in, not them.

I know that barely anyone watched the Starlet, but I really appreciated the panel of judges on that show. They offered their honest critique on the contestants' performances, that's all. They did disagree occasionally, but handled it civillly without attacking each other for their clothes or sexual preferences.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I know that barely anyone watched the Starlet, but I really appreciated the panel of judges on that show. They offered their honest critique on the contestants' performances, that's all. They did disagree occasionally, but handled it civillly without attacking each other for their clothes or sexual preferences.
    I watched and I agree 100%.
    ~*~ Maji *~

I actually hate when Randy calls girls as "Dude". And the rest of his comments are just nonsense too, just listen to his comment to Constantine this week. "Yo man! Aight, so listen: Keepin' it most real for me man. Honestly dude! I'm telling you man! Unbelievable dude!" That just sounded so stupid and it made me forgot that he actually had something to say to Constantine. I just remember all the "Dudes" and "Yo's" and other jargon he keeps saying.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    I use to not mind Paula and I don't mind she goes easy on the idols, but this season she's really getting on my nerves. She is biased and does prefer certain types of singers (read dancers & RnB types) she just isn't as mean about it as the others. In that sense I think she is a good balance.

She just seems over the top this year...giving cheerleader types cheers to her favorites, screaming at Randy & Simon, always interrupting Simon, and it appears to me she might be a little jealous of Carrie.
    She is just way too over the top this season
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

HueyDueyLuey, I agree with your point, but nothing is going to change. The whole thing with the "judges" and Simon being the bad guy is a schtick that is part of the show - and part of the show's success.

She was way out of hand last night. "I don't care who wins this! You'll all get contracts!
    One of the dumbest things I've ever heard...I'm glad Simon mentioned to her that it was important to win this!

I know it's a schtick that they pull on it but sometimes she goes way overboard. I know when Simon was on Oprah, she asked him if having Paula tell him to "Shut up" bothered him because it would bother her. Simon said not really, but it seemed to bother Oprah that Paula would do that to him. It was interesting because on Oprah, Simon said they all get along & go out to dinner & even Paula is invited.

But her comment last night about who cares who wins & everyone will get a contract was stupid. :rolleyes

A Friggin' Princess HueyDueyLuey961's Avatar
    I know that nothing will change, and I definitely know that the producers set it up, but common courtesy, I feel, is not too much to ask for two adults*.

*This term is used very loosely, as Paula is acting more like a 14 year old girl. I would assume she has a poster with Constantine on it in her "Pretty-in-Pink" bedroom. :rolleyes
    Last edited by HueyDueyLuey961; 04-07-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    In Production Now- Decision 2005: A FoRT Game

As a matter of fact, I was a member of the Council on BB:TC.

Stop agreeing with me, Paula!

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    She was way out of hand last night. "I don't care who wins this! You'll all get contracts!
    Simon really had to jump on that one, didn't he? That was the second time in the show that someone said that winning isn't that important (Fantasia made the point that all of last year's contestants got contracts). Since he's the only judge with a financial stake in this, it's kind of important that winning actually looks like, well, winning. However, I think there's a point to be made that the mere exposure is the most important thing for the contestants; if you win, you get stuck singing something like "I Believe". (Can you imagine Bo doing a song like that?) It's just that Paula isn't really the person you want trying to make any kind of point; having her agree with you is kind of an inherent argument against your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    Paula borders on inebriated. At least she has since week three of the semis.
    I'm so relieved to read this....seriously, I thought I might be the only one that thought she was on something....she seems so incredibly medicated it's unbelievable.

+ Reply to Thread