+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disrespect

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Paula borders on inebriated. At least she has since week three of the semis.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyDueyLuey961
    Now that I think of it that way, Warhol, I guess I see your point. I just feel that Paula and Randy shouldn't be interrupting Simon, whether it's disrespect or shtick. I also agree that Randy might have more experience that Simon; I just feel Simon can tell the difference between good and bad singers better. And he doesn't talk like a MCHammer video. JMHO.
    Despite everything I said above, I agree with you about who is the better judge. Simon is better than Randy (and Paula), hands down.

That said, as much as I trust Simon's overall superior ability to judge talent, I do not at all like the way that he continuously compromises both his own and the show's integrity by blatantly promoting one contestant over all others.

I would have said the same thing you did with the Carrie-pimping (and I'm a carrie fan), but last night proved me wrong.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thank You HueyDueyLuey961 and RubyRed for putting into words why Randy, and especially Paula have been so irritating this season. It wasn't this bad before. I'm almost tempted to contact the AI producers, not that anything would happen.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    If Paula were a baby seal I would understand why people club them.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    Or maybe they could let Simon go first....and give him a GIANT BUZZER and have him press the buzzer whenever they talk.
    Simon often goes too far but your comment made me laugh out loud! Paula is going to nee d therapy after this is all over and she realizes how she presented herself. And who is Randy appealing to, an audience segment that begins every sentence with "Dawg"? I betcha he is insulting that very audience by presenting a stereotype.

They are offering some weird, distorted, other dimensional commentary. Rather like years ago when the newsman was in TelAviv and there was the sounds of explosions all around and here they were reporting this huge scud missle attack on Israel when all along it was the reporter breathing into his gas mask, Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh.

Simon comes closest to a real scud attack, you know!

Simon is generally closest to reality. I am sick of Paula's, "I am so proud of you." Personally, who gives a crap? Paula sucks as a singer. She dances. Why in the world would you want Paula to be proud of you?

If Paula said, "I'm proud of you," to me, I'd go down there and knock her giant chicklet teeth out. Crazy nutcase.

Simon is "nicer" this year and his comments seem to be more constructive. Randy also seems to have good insight. Paula is a waste of space.

I don't mind Paula.

Someone needs to be the buffer and getting up and singing on national television has GOT to be hard. Yes, they need to hear the truth, but it's nice to have someone offset the harsh words and give them some sort of silver lining. Seasoned performers have years of experience under their belt, so they've had a chance to develop thick skin. These kids are usually just starting out and beating them down week after week without some sort of positive reinforcement is almost cruel.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I don't mind Paula.

Someone needs to be the buffer and getting up and singing on national television has GOT to be hard. Yes, they need to hear the truth, but it's nice to have someone offset the harsh words and give them some sort of silver lining.
    Hmmmmm. It's almost the same as your drunk Uncle Albert telling you how great your dress looks at the family Christmas party. Nice to hear but you could really do without him checking out your legs.

+ Reply to Thread