+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple solution to voting problems

Simple solution to voting problems

I have an idea to solve various voting problems - charge money for voting. Before attacking me, please read my entire post.

Probably the two most common complaints about the voting process are that it's too difficult to break through the lines, and that some people use automated dialing to skew the results. If there was a SMALL charge for voting, like 10 cents or 25 cents, people wouldn't be as likely to use automated dialing, which would free up phone lines, allowing more people to vote. I think most people wouldn't mind paying a small fee to vote, even if they wanted to vote several times for the same person.

A variation on this would be to allow some small number of free votes from each phone number (like 10), then charge a small fee per vote after that number has been reached.

So what do you all think?

The basic idea is good: limiting the voting. I just say why not just allow a maximum of 10 votes per caller.

I think some crazed 11 year old children might run up their parents phone bill if they charged. Could you imagine the horrors?

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    That will never happen because American Idol likes it when people spend two hours of their life voting nonstop and tying up the phone lines. If you're going to do for a contestant, they know that you're probably going to buy their album.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think some crazed 11 year old children might run up their parents phone bill if they charged. Could you imagine the horrors?
    LOL I heard that! How true!!

We can beat this dead horse to death, but until the powers that be at idol change the voting procedure, all we can do is wish & dream... until then- vote your butt off- hell I do!!! LOL

I think that is a bad idea. Why should people have a bigger voice in the outcome just because they have more money? I would never vote if I had to pay.
    I don't even think they should limit the number of votes.

Maybe I'm the only one who likes the system they have now.

There's really no good solution.

But I completely hate the fact that people get more than one vote. I don't even vote at all because I know there's no way my vote will count against people who sit around all night and hit re-dial.

A Friggin' Princess HueyDueyLuey961's Avatar
    I agree, Fireflyer. The maximum times I've voted for a contestant was 5 times. I know that my voting will not make a difference.
    In Production Now- Decision 2005: A FoRT Game

As a matter of fact, I was a member of the Council on BB:TC.

well...you COULD vote more.

FORT Newbie
    Plus, the producers love saying that 20,000,000 or whatever people voted (which is quite different than receiving 20,000,000 votes, which is what they actually have) the night before. They're not going to limit votes, because then the vote totals would go down, and they can't have that. As long as the ratings are good, that's the important thing as far as TPTB are concerned.

the producers would earn a ton of money if they just charge 10 cents...here where i am in Singapore...they charged S$0.50 i think...or was it a dollar? i can't really remember...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast