+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3/7: Every Little Thing They Sing Ain't Magic

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    He starts his performance off with some shoop-shoop moves that I haven’t seen since that episode of The Brady Bunch where the kids went on a local talent show to try to win money so they could buy their parents a silver platter.
    Ahhhhh... fantastic! That was a great recap lobes! Your ability to be hysterical pretty much on-the-fly makes you the most perfect recapper for this show that's on almost more often than not.
    Could does not mean should

FORT Newbie
    Great recap!!!! Hilarious!!!

My rankings from last night:

1. Anwar

2. Anthony

3. Bo

4. Mario

5. Nikko

6. Scott

7. Constantine

8. Travis

Please, oh please, get Travis and Constantine off! But I suspect it will be Travis and Scott who go.

The big question will be how many girls get chopped out of the final 12 before some guys start getting eliminated. Unless Constantine makes it to the final 12, I suspect that the first 3 or 4 to go from the finalist lineup will be girls.

He starts his performance off with some shoop-shoop moves that I haven’t seen since that episode of The Brady Bunch where the kids went on a local talent show...
    Pure classic gold, Lobeck! Great recap.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Scott doesn’t blow me out of the water with his performance, but his voice sounds good and strong. His attempt at choreography, however, is another story. He starts his performance off with some shoop-shoop moves that I haven’t seen since that episode of The Brady Bunch where the kids went on a local talent show to try to win money so they could buy their parents a silver platter.
    Poor Scott.

Following Bo tonight is Anthony Fedorov...his voice sounds strong, and Anthony turns in a very good performance...Simon concludes with, “I found it all a bit odd. I mean, you have about as much Latin flair as a polar bear.” (What do you mean, Simon? Only Latin people can sing Latin songs well? That’s just silly…)
    That was a weird comment by Simon. I didn't even know it was a "Latin song" until they mentioned it. It's not like Anthony was trying to sing a Mexican polka or something.

Best Peformances: Anwar, Bo, Mario (This is the first time I was impressed with Mario. Even though he always sang well and was a good perfomer I kept forgetting him & his performances. Maybe it was because of the hat)

Good enough for the top 6: Anthony & Scott
    Weak: Nikko
    Worst Performances: Travis & Constantine with Travis as the worst.

Who should go home: Travis & Constantine
    Who will go home: Travis & Scott Although there could be an upset - I thought Nikko was really weak tonight and he could go home because of it. His other performances might pull him through but because there were so many good performances tonight & because Constantine & Scott might have bigger fan bases.

Very interesting show! I loved Scott and Nikko! They were my favorites of the nite! Good recap lobes! And cute title!

Great recap! I couldn't agree more with everything! You're always dead on

What was Travis thinking?

Lobe Predictions
    Best performance of the evening: Anwar, Anthony, Bo
    Weakest performance of the evening: Travis
    Who should go home: 2 out of Travis, Scott, and Constantine
    Who will go home: Travis, Scott

I agree 100%. Thanks for the excellent recap. I always look forward to it. You've got your own fans.

I am hoping that Scott fans don't pull an upset and Nikko goes. I think Nikko thoroughly earned his spot in the final 12. I'd like to see Scott and Constantine go, but I expect Constantine fans are too solid.

Anwar is by and far my fave, unless Carrie or Nadia are as special tonight as they were in their first performance.

Thanks for another excellent recap, lobeck.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

The next performance of the evening is courtesy of Mario Vazquez. Mario sings the Bee Gees’ “How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?”, and—surprise!—he’s not wearing his trademark hat! Oh, that’s right. He lent it to Nikko this evening. Anyway, Mario’s voice is good and strong, but he spends an inordinate amount of time eye-f***ing the television audience by singing directly into the camera.

Another awesome recap.

Following Bo tonight is Anthony Fedorov...his voice sounds strong, and Anthony turns in a very good performance...Simon concludes with, “I found it all a bit odd. I mean, you have about as much Latin flair as a polar bear.” (What do you mean, Simon? Only Latin people can sing Latin songs well? That’s just silly…)
    I think Simon is having a bad week or something! What is Anthony supposed to do when getting to the Theme nights? If he doesn't look the part, he cannot sing the song? Really bad summary from Simon! :phhht

Great job, Lobeck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast