+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaded Journalist

Jaded Journalist

I've never paid attention to the American Idol website before this season, and i'm wondering what this Jaded Journalist thing is all about. Anyone know the history of it? They don't give much info on that site.

Any guesses as to who this year's Jaded Journalist is? I have no clue.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    The Jaded Journalist writes the show recaps for the Fox AI website, and also does semi-amusing interviews with the contestants and the judges. I know he's been with the site since at least AI2 ( and possibly AI1), and he keeps inferring that this year he's going to reveal his secret identity!

Frankly, I have no idea who he is. He drops clues, but obviously I'm too dense to figure it out!

I love those interviews.
    Last edited by soybean; 03-08-2005 at 03:10 AM.

FORT Fan
    Terena79, may I just say that I love your icon?

That aside, until this season, the Jaded Journalist was the only reason I visited idolonfox.com. Now, in addition to the JJ's videos, I actually visit for updated contestant info/videos. I think the JJ is witty, and I love how he's so full of himself but in a funny way.

The Jaded Journalist does many things:
    1) He goes to the auditions and interviews random people

2) He writes recaps of all the shows, wherein he usually makes fun of the contestants, Seacrest and the Judges

3) He does video interviews with the contestants where he tells them how great he is. (Not only this season -- you should check out the past seasons, too.)

4) Once he even interviewed himself.

5) New, since last year: He now answers email from fans.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a Jaded Journalist fan I've watched AI since Season 2 so that's when I started going onto the website, and it's always been the same guy. Not everyone gets his humor or is charmed by it, but I certainly am. Maybe you will be too

Quote Originally Posted by talailson
    Terena79, may I just say that I love your icon?

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a Jaded Journalist fan I've watched AI since Season 2 so that's when I started going onto the website, and it's always been the same guy. Not everyone gets his humor or is charmed by it, but I certainly am. Maybe you will be too

Thanks! I take it you're a Hal fan?

Since you've been watching for a few seasons, any idea who JJ is? Since they make a game of it and blur his identity he must be somebody interesting, right? Somebody famous but not too busy to do the job?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Thanks! I take it you're a Hal fan?

Since you've been watching for a few seasons, any idea who JJ is? Since they make a game of it and blur his identity he must be somebody interesting, right? Somebody famous but not too busy to do the job?
    Actually, I don't know who the guy dancing (Hal?) is -- I just like the 'Forbidden Dance', heh. So who is Hal?

As for the Jaded Journalist, I have no idea who he is either. If he really does reveal his face, I wonder if he will live up to his own hype?

Excerpt from his interview with Joseph and Constantine:
    Joseph: Show your face to the world, they wanna see you.
    JJ: I think it's... I'm possibly... too handsome? I think.
    Constantine: That could be it. You know, when I met you I was like, wow. I don't want to be on camera with him.

And if he's famous... well he can't be too famous, or we all would have guessed who he is already. I think he's just a regular guy.

FORT Regular
    I remember the Jaded Journalist's mean-spirited interviews with Clay Aiken and I have loathed him ever since. Clay was a class act and handled himself rather well under the circumstances.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio
    I remember the Jaded Journalist's mean-spirited interviews with Clay Aiken and I have loathed him ever since. Clay was a class act and handled himself rather well under the circumstances.
    Interesting. I interpreted those interviews as Clay just not getting Jaded's (sometimes harsh?) sense of humor. Jaded likes to knock people, and it's funniest when they give as good as they get. I thought Clay gave overmuch, got too offended, and came off badly for it. And I'm speaking as an avid Clay fan and voter!

Clay's got a sharp tongue when he wants to use it. He also made those interviews torturous when he refused to answer or play along. I dunno, it just seemed to me that the Jaded Journalist was just being his rude, egotistic, charming self and you gotta roll w/ the punches.

...then again, I might have crumbled if I was in Clay's place, so I'll quietly walk away now...

Hal Sparks rocks! lol.. I've only seen him on VH-1 but he is amusing...

I wasn't aware of this Jaded Journalist... should be interesting, I'll have to look into it...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have loved the JJ ever since he didn't pander to "the Clay" and his minions. It's unusual to find a recapper on an "official" site that isn't a vanilla regurgitation of official front line network crapola. Instead he seems to speak his mind.

How unusual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast