+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weekly Themes

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    I do agree. But that is what makes the Beatles so great-- they have such a unique style. If they were to oversing, it'd be obvious. There is a lot of Beatles that would be really hard to sing, including I think Fool on the Hill and Eleanor Rigby, and then some stuff that's not so hard. I don't think anyone would pick Yellow Submarine or Love me Do.

Can't buy me love would be perfect for someone to do.
    John Lennon almost destroyed himself screaming through take after take of Twist & Shout & in the end he sounded incredible. Maybe this would be good for Constantine.

Even though I didn't like the single artists nights last year, I would love to see them do an Elvis night. He had so many different styles of music that he sang that almost all of them could pick a song to suit their style. I also really loved Big Band Night and Country Night and also the Movie Nights.

I think whoever suggested the duet is right on. That would be pretty cool.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Theme Nights

Well hello everyone ...my very 1st post on FORT....I've been a "lurker" for quite some time and I just decided to go ahead and make the plunge!
    I love the idea of "birth year"...how interesting would that be!
    I've also thought a gospel night would be awesome but didn't know if that might cause problems depending on one's faith and the possibility of alienating some viewers! I, myself, would love it! I always thought I would have loved to hear Ruben, Kimberly, George, Trenyce, Fantasia, Jennifer sing gospel themed music.
    I enjoyed the Barry Manilow night.....how 'bout songs with a City/Town/State in the title? You've got "Sweet Home Alabama", "Chicago", "I left my heart in San Francisco", "Amarillo by Morning", "California Girls", "Georgia on my Mind", "Chattahoochie", "Weekend in New England", "New Orleans Lady", etc....
    I'm looking forward to the new season tho.........

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Well hello everyone ...my very 1st post on FORT....I've been a "lurker" for quite some time and I just decided to go ahead and make the plunge! ...I enjoyed the Barry Manilow night.....how 'bout songs with a City/Town/State in the title? You've got "Sweet Home Alabama", "Chicago", "I left my heart in San Francisco", "Amarillo by Morning", "California Girls", "Georgia on my Mind", "Chattahoochie", "Weekend in New England", "New Orleans Lady", etc....
    I'm looking forward to the new season tho.........
    Welcome, bbnbama! I also enjoyed both Barry Manilow and Elton John theme nights!

Your idea is one I haven't heard before! The list of "location" songs is endless and a good idea!

Writergirl, since Elvis Enterprises has new management...anything is possible! Elvis recorded 735 songs, so the selection is varied. He is my favorite solo artist and I would love such a Theme night!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234