+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Themes

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I, in thinking more about it... would LOVE to see a Beatles night.. or at the very least a Paul night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    I am also one who agrees with this assessment! I am glad BoBoFan started this thread.
    Thanks Kariann1... I wasn't sure if it was gonna fly, but thought I would take a stab at it anyhow lol.....

I came up with a really "COOL" idea as far as a "Theme" goes... Everyone let me know what you think...

With the Top 12 being 6 girls & 6 guys (automatic), I think it would be VERY interesting to have a "Duet/Duo Theme" the very 1st week.
    Each contestant would still be voted on independently, but this would make things very exciting as to who would end up with who lol.

For example... The numbers 1 thru 6 would be in a box...all of the guys draw a number, then all of the girls... the guy & girl who drew # 1 would sing together, the # 2's together etc...
    I think this would be VERY interesting!!!

I think Bo could sing "Picture" by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow with Carrie for example. (That is if they both draw the same number) *sigh*

So which Duo would you like to see & singing what with who lol?? Is this idea good or not? I know some singers may freak if they got with someone less talented than themselves, but you never know what "teamwork" would do.
    Input please... Thanks!!

With the Top 12 being 6 girls & 6 guys (automatic), I think it would be VERY interesting to have a "Duet/Duo Theme" the very 1st week.
    Each contestant would still be voted on independently, but this would make things very exciting as to who would end up with who lol.

For example... The numbers 1 thru 6 would be in a box...all of the guys draw a number, then all of the girls... the guy & girl who drew # 1 would sing together, the # 2's together etc...
    I actually really like this idea! It would only work on the even numbered nights, but I don't see why 2 girls/2 guys couldn't do a song together It may not be exact to the duets traditional style, but it could still be fun.

By FAR my most favorite of theme nights to date was the season 1 Big Band night. With the full on band behind them, and most of the contestants really getting into it and dressing the part, it was just FABULOUS!

I much prefer the open ended theme nights of decades and things like "movie night"...just haven't been really keen on the individual songwriter/performer nights at all.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I actually really like this idea! It would only work on the even numbered nights, but I don't see why 2 girls/2 guys couldn't do a song together It may not be exact to the duets traditional style, but it could still be fun.

By FAR my most favorite of theme nights to date was the season 1 Big Band night. With the full on band behind them, and most of the contestants really getting into it and dressing the part, it was just FABULOUS!

I much prefer the open ended theme nights of decades and things like "movie night"...just haven't been really keen on the individual songwriter/performer nights at all.
    I hear ya libra1022... yeah even 2 guys/2 girls would work also, the drawing would just have to be tweeked a little lol...
    I like this idea of the "Duos" whether male/female or male/male, female/female, but overall my favorite themes would be 60's or 70's.... I love the songs of those eras... I really love theme nights and I can't wait to see what's in store.
    I'm sure we're all in for a great American Idol 4 with the Finals coming up... I'm truly excited, but really wish it wasn't a "battle of the sexes"....

My idea was based on the Final 12 of 6 girls & 6 guys... (don't like it-but the "duo" thing would make it a little better & this would be for the 1st week ONLY.) I really just wish they would have let America vote on everyone as a whole & let the chips fall where they may like they have in past seasons. *sigh* I think it's more of a "true display of talent" when they do it that way vs the way it is now! In other words, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Does anyone know what the problem is with song rights and talent shows?
    I know that, as far as AI goes, they have a list that goes along with the theme that is limited in length --- each year has varied so I am not sure how long they will be this year. The contestants pick at least three and prepare them. Then the producers and legal people try and gain clearance for the contestants choices - working with the contestants top choice and if that doesn't work, moving down their list accordingly.

Aloha mentioned the song clearance issue last week. I also know that this issue came up with Rickey twice, as he had clearance to particular songs and the clearance was pulles at the last minute. It is quite a frustrating procedure.

For me personally I like broad themes, such as decades, as I believe it allows for more variety in songs.

Motown and Country nights have generally been my favorite but I hope they have a rock night this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Motown and Country nights have generally been my favorite but I hope they have a rock night this year.
    Yes Indeed- to A "ROCK NIGHT!" Bo could do SO MANY songs....
    By Bo I would love to hear "Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd" or "Cold As Ice- Foreigner"

No no no no, no *rock* night, please. Way too broad of a category, as BoBoFan has (inadvertantly, I think) displayed - I would never put Skynyrd and Foreigner in the same sentence, and definitely not in the same musical genre.

I really like Kariann's Madonna theme night idea - let's have the guys put their own stamp on a song that a female artist made famous. Now that would show some versatility as performers.

I also like the idea of a Beatles theme night - I'd even go for a Paul McCartney theme night, rather than have to listen to a rendition of "Imagine" by some sub-par performer like Lindsey (I'm still seething over splitting the finalists by gender - worst. idea. ever.). Hmmm...a Rolling Stones night would be even more fun. No one would have to stretch themselves that much to be better vocally than Mick Jagger.

(BTW, BoBoFan, if Bo is to do Skynyrd, don't you think "Sweet Home Alabama" would be a better choice? "Free Bird" is too slow and mournful, IMO -and too obvious a choice. If he's going to do the ballad thing, a better Skynyrd pick would be "Simple Man". Either one would do nicely for a country rock night. )
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    No no no no, no *rock* night, please. Way too broad of a category, as BoBoFan has (inadvertantly, I think) displayed - I would never put Skynyrd and Foreigner in the same sentence, and definitely not in the same musical genre.

I really like Kariann's Madonna theme night idea - let's have the guys put their own stamp on a song that a female artist made famous. Now that would show some versatility as performers.

I also like the idea of a Beatles theme night - I'd even go for a Paul McCartney theme night, rather than have to listen to a rendition of "Imagine" by some sub-par performer like Lindsey (I'm still seething over splitting the finalists by gender - worst. idea. ever.). Hmmm...a Rolling Stones night would be even more fun. No one would have to stretch themselves that much to be better vocally than Mick Jagger.

(BTW, BoBoFan, if Bo is to do Skynyrd, don't you think "Sweet Home Alabama" would be a better choice? "Free Bird" is too slow and mournful, IMO -and too obvious a choice. If he's going to do the ballad thing, a better Skynyrd pick would be "Simple Man". Either one would do nicely for a country rock night. )
    I'll stick to my choices AJane... Lynyrd Skynrd is considered "SOUTHERN ROCK" in my neck of the woods & Bo is from Alabama... Yeah sure he could do "Sweet Home Alabama" very well & it's very fitting since he is from ALABAMA, but I was opting for something a little more "DRAMATIC!"
    I stick with "Free Bird"... starts out slow,then builds to a climatic finish... It's all about preference!
    "Free Bird" kicks Ass!!!!!! NOT to mention it is IMO the best Skynyrd tune of ALL time!!!

Yeah to Beatles night... Sir Paul was supposed to be a celebrity judge this season, but that isn't to happen! Too bad- I would have LOVED that!... Madonna? Just throw that in the 80's night package.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I would never put Skynyrd and Foreigner in the same sentence, and definitely not in the same musical genre.
    Rock is Rock AJane, whether it be Country Rock, Southern Rock, Classic Rock or Rock of today!!!
    Foreigner is 70's rock (which I would call Classic Rock) & Bo can do that too!
    To make a LONG story short Bo can do "ANY KIND" of rock...
    Rock Is Rock, but in different catagories as to which ROCK you prefer
    :rolleyes

Lipstick and Callous GlitterGabi's Avatar
    On Pop Idol they did "Birth Year" I loved that!
    Ich liebe dich!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast