+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Voting

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    I have a quick question on voting.. is the Texting from any cell enabled.. or only their sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    They should completely do away with phone voting, allow only text message voting but let it be from all carriers, with a limit of say 5 per contestant from a single number. ...
    Text messaging would be very unfair. Not everyone has cell phones. Even those who do may have very limited "minutes" and/or may not have text messaging capability. (That costs extra.)
    Internet voting would be unfair for the same reason. Lots of people don't have access to the net 9:00 to 11:00 PM. (You can get on the net free at most libraries, but it's not all that convenient, especially in rural areas.)
    There's no reason they couldn't use ONLY phone voting - no text messaging - but limit it to, say, 20 calls per phone line. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would:
    a. be fair to people who live in groups that share one phone line (families, group homes)
    b. allow more even access to people of all economic levels
    c. give some weight to the intensity of people's preferences. (Yes, most people would still be able to vote a few extra times for their favorite - just as they might buy more than one copy of an artist's CD or go see that artist in concert more than once).
    d. greatly limit the impact of high-tech power-dialing gizmos and businesses/institutions with phone banks (If someone has access to 200 phones and can program them to auto-dial and have 1800 votes counted from each line - as is now the case - that can distort the AI outcome a heck of a lot more than could happen if each line would max out at 20 votes.)

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    It is very hard to believe that this is season 4, and AI still has not found a better voting system. It is flawed in so many ways.
    They don't fix it because they don't want to.
    They love it when Ryan says, "There were over 40 million votes last night." Then the media pick that up and report it as "Forty million viewers voted for their favorites on AI last night."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Season 1 - Didn't see it, didn't vote
    Season 2 - Watched but didn't vote
    Season 3 - Made my first votes when Diana fell into the bottom 3 and voted for her when I could. I threw some votes towards La Toya.

Season 4 - Voted for Bo about 10 times last week, didn't vote this week. Would have voted for Carrie but I figured at this stage she was safe.

If I'm able (timewise) I'll vote next week because I think it will be close as to who goes into the top 12. If my favorites get picked off I'll still watch unless...people like Mikilah, Constantine, and a few others I don't care for end up going through to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    They should completely do away with phone voting, allow only text message voting but let it be from all carriers, with a limit of say 5 per contestant from a single number. The reason they don't do it is because it would be very expensive to set up something like that and also it would actually make sense, not something they apparently care about.
    I think the phone voting system is vulnerable to fraud, as has been proven already. How else to explain bad singers making it and people like LaToya leaving relatively early?
    Because more people bother to vote for the bad singers.
    I really don't think they should limit it to text messaging. I don't have a cell phone!

Season 1: I can't really remember who I voted for or how much. I know that Kelly was my favorite.
    Season 2: I voted for Treynece before I got bored and stopped watching. I think I also voted for Charles and Ricky.
    Season 3: Voted lots for Fantasia, George, Latoya, Camille, and JPL. Weird mix, right?
    Season 4: Week 1 - I voted for Nadia and Aloha about 10 times each. Wasn't home durring voting time for the guys. Week 2 - Voted about 10 times for Mikalah and Amanda (who I hated the previous week) and a few times for Carrie. Voted for Scott about 10 times and gave at least 50 votes each to Anwar, Mario, Nikko and Bo.

Kao
    Season 1: Voted for Kelly, Justin, and the girl that made #4 a lot.

Season 2: Voted for both Clay and Ruben a bunch of times, as I really couldn't choose between the 2 of them becasue they are both good singers with different styles.

Season 3. Not a damn soul. There were a lot of people who I think should have made it that didn't. I watched it though.

Season 4: Bo and Nadia.

Quote Originally Posted by soybean
    I was just wondering how many people actually vote?
    How many times do you vote and do you vote for multiple people?
    Do you usually stick with your favorites or do you vote based on that night's performances only?

Just curious
    I can't complain at this point if someone I really like gets the boot as I'm not voting yet. I can't remember the order of the shows. I voted a lot for Ruben whatever one that was. Fantasia same. I didn't see the one with Kelly (first AI)
    I don't vote now just because one week I like someone a lot and the next I don't. (Carrie & Constantine) Carrie killed one of my favorite songs (Piece of my Heart) next week I may like her again or not and same with Constantine (doubt the latter as I don't think he's got it)
    I should be voting for Nadia as I remembered her in the auditons which I've read around here she wasn't shown too much. I didnt' watch every show either like I do at this point.
    I think I will start voting for Nadia though next week. I'd be pissed if she got booted.

1st: Kelly
    2nd: Carmen
    3rd: Diana
    4th: I voted for the first time this season on Tuesday. I voted 5x for Carrie, Aloha, Vonzell, Mikalah, & Amanda and 1x for Janay.

FORT Fogey
    I vote often. Less for the girls than the guys [this year so far] because the girls just haven't been spectacular.

I vote for the full 2 hours sometimes for my ONE favorite, or sometimes I split up the votes and just vote for a little. It all depends.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    I have a quick question on voting.. is the Texting from any cell enabled.. or only their sponsor?
    I think it is allowed only from their sponsor. Cuz it always says, text from your CINGULAR wireless phone. I dont think that is fair though. And I agree that not everyone has cellphones.

Season 1: No voting
    Season 2: No voting
    Season 3: Voted once
    Season 4: No voting

I am not very active with the voting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast