+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by balladman
    Here is a question for all you fans out there...

What would it take for FOX to create a website that allows fans to post their requested rendition for particular Idol contestants to sing ?

Hey Bo, if Rod Stewart can give us a raspy version of What a Wonderful World, I'd like to see what your rocker voice can do with it if you ever survive to sing in big band night. Regardless, I'd like to hear your rendition of In My Heart and In My Soul.

See what I mean ? The net effect would be to INCREASE the number of viewers.

Comments, suggestions, disagreements, welcome.
    Balladman, your suggestion wouldn't work for a number of reasons. First is the assumption that everyone is connected to the Web. However, there is no reason people cannot put their suggestions on one of the fan forums for discussion. Maybe a Mom or friend may clue in the contestant on what we would like to hear?

Also, there is a time element involved. This whole process of fans expressing their opinion and the actual show is too small. These folks are practicing for the next show, the next day.

Then you run into Theme Night. There's the clearance factor. Will the writer, artist, record company ALLOW the song(s) to be sung on AI? Also, at one point the contestants are given very little choice as to what they can perform. There is a list presented to them from which they will choose.

Having said that, your heart is in the right place. That is, getting us involved. I would love to hear ANYONE sing Rod Stewart, Journey, Bee Gees, Neil Diamond, etc.

Last year there was a link to songs which were approved and those that were not. I WONDER IF THAT LIST IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Balladman, your suggestion wouldn't work for a number of reasons. First is the assumption that everyone is connected to the Web. However, there is no reason people cannot put their suggestions on one of the fan forums for discussion. Maybe a Mom or friend may clue in the contestant on what we would like to hear?

Also, there is a time element involved. This whole process of fans expressing their opinion and the actual show is too small. These folks are practicing for the next show, the next day.

Then you run into Theme Night. There's the clearance factor. Will the writer, artist, record company ALLOW the song(s) to be sung on AI? Also, at one point the contestants are given very little choice as to what they can perform. There is a list presented to them from which they will choose.

Having said that, your heart is in the right place. That is, getting us involved. I would love to hear ANYONE sing Rod Stewart, Journey, Bee Gees, Neil Diamond, etc.

Last year there was a link to songs which were approved and those that were not. I WONDER IF THAT LIST IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR?
    I like the sentiment behind this but one other issue with this is that so many songs aren't cleared for them to sing & we don't know what is & what isn't ok.

I would like to hear Constantine sing American Woman. And I think anything Bo & Carrie does will be Ok by me. Everyone else I just really have no feel for yet. Maybe that is why I feel that either Bo or Carrie will win this. I just can't get a handle on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    I'm sorry and correct me if I am wrong.. but I thought Otis Redding did Hard to Handle? I can't recall an Wilson Pickett version..
    Firewoman: Don't be sorry. Mistakes should be pointed out and corrected. Wilson Pickett never recorded Hard to Handle. Rather than relying on a middle-aged memory, I will defintiely check my facts next time. Thank you for reading my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    Your top six men is legit but i will order them differently. Anwar might be able to sneak in but he seems detached or disconnected from the audience when he performs. Constantine will never be in danger of getting eliminated only because he established enough fan base so if he even performs really bad, he would still make it. If Travis or Anwar makes it to the top 6, it will be at the expense of Scott Savol, only because not many viewers find his image of AI quality. His attitude would play a role as well on his early elimination.
    I have to agree with you. Scott is clearly vunerable this week. I hope that he delivers a strong vocal performance. That would help offset the personality advantage that belong to the other seven guys. Based on talent, I think that Scott belongs in the top six. It does not appear to me that Scott has an attitude problem (in a negative way). However, there does appear to be a veil of sadness about him somehow. Still, I respect a contestant who remains true to himself and doesn't pretend to be something else when the cameras are on. If he perfroms well enough on Monday, I think that the voting public will accept him as is.

+ Reply to Thread