Wow Vonzie looks statuesque in that gorgeous white dress! I want the belt too! Has ANYTHING been happening for this girl? I haven't heard any news about an album in the works, etc. etc. Since her summer tour last year the only news I've read about was her supposed going out with Jesse Metcalfe (sp?) -- the gardener from Desperate Housewives.
She is one gorgeous lady. That is a great pic.
He who laughs last thinks slowest
Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!
Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens
NBC2 News Online - Fire burns through roof of "Idol" finalist's home
Click on the link above. Vonzell's house caught on fire last night.
More info coming in... She lost a pet in the fire. How sad!
The News-Press: Local & State
Vonzell Solomon's home damaged by fire
Originally posted on May 18, 2007
A fire last night damaged the home of Vonzell M. Solomon, the Fort Myers 'American Idol' contest known as Baby V.
A joint investigation by the South Trail Fire Department and the State Fire Marshals Office determined that the May 17 fire at 6617 Canton Street in Fort Myers started in the attic area of the house.
The most probable cause was an electrical malfunction, according to the South Trail Fire Department. Damage was too great in the attic to determine an exact cause. The fire was accidental in nature. Damage to the home was estimated at more than $200,000.
Solomon was not injured. However, a family pet, a small dog, died in the fire. After discovering the fire, Solomon called 911 from a neighbor’s home. The 911 call was received at 11:25 p.m., and firefighters from the South Trail Fire Department had the fire under control at 11:45 p.m.
The first fire engine on the scene, South Trail Engine Company 210, observed heavy smoke coming from the home. The firefighters advanced a hoseline through the front doors and found heavy fire on the west side of the interior. The fire was extinguished quickly after the fire broke through the roof.
Firefighters had to lay 1800 feet of supply hose to the closest hydrant.
Ten South Trail Fire Department units (including 3 engine companies, 1 ladder company, and 1 rescue team) and 23 South Trail Fire Department personnel were on scene. Mutual aid was provided by the Iona McGregor Fire Department, San Carlos Park Fire Department, and Lehigh Acres Fire Department. Assistance at the fire scene was also received from the State Fire Marshals Office, Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Lee County EMS and Florida Power & Light.
Apparently, Vonzell has a concealed weapon permit but forgot to take her gun out of her carry-on luggage on a recent flight and was detained by airport security.
What I find offensive is that TMZ, that paragon of journalistic fairness and integrity, has done two different "reports" about this using the term "American Idol reject" in the title of their articles to refer to this woman, who came in 3rd out of over 100,000 auditioners.
I won't post links, not only because I'm not sure that's allowed, but because I do not want to encourage hits to trash sites like that, but here are the two article titles:
TMZ 6/17/08 "Idol" Reject to Police: Oopsies!
TMZ 6/12/08 Bank Gunnin' for Idol Reject's House