+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikko Smith

I really like this guy. He's a pleasant surprise. Nice voice, good tone. Didn't care for the outfit this week, but I'm not a fashion aficionado, so what do I know? I wonder why they chose to not do a back-story for him. Because of his father? Is that also the reason for the name change?

I give him two emphatic thumbs down. I can't stand his performances; I actually look away and cringe at the parts I accidentally see. Not entertaing. Not attractive. Not talented. Go away Nikko!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else think he should have shave off the facial hair?

I think he's pretty entertaining and talented, but I don't see "star quality" about him.

Funny thing about the facial hair. I was just wondering the other day whether Bo Bice is the first AI contestant with a beard, soul patch, or mustache to make it this far in the competition. It didn't occur to me that Nikko's in the same category!

I guess that means it looks so much like an integral part of his face that I didn't remember it being there. Bo's been seen on the show and in pics with everything from a full 'mouth-framing beard and mustache' to just the soul patch and mini-goatee to no facial hair at all, so it's more noticeable. I've never seen a pic of Nikko clean-shaven.

Here are some pics, for Nikko fans:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Lipstick and Callous GlitterGabi's Avatar
    First of all, the glasses are so hot! Especially with those cute little hats he wears. He is so suave. By far my favourite guy!

I have enjoyed Travis performing over Nikko's singing. I don't think both will be in the Top Six, but then again, you never know! There is much more excitement going on with the guy's performamnces on Monday than the gals on Tuesday, IMO.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    I give him two emphatic thumbs down. I can't stand his performances; I actually look away and cringe at the parts I accidentally see. Not entertaing. Not attractive. Not talented. Go away Nikko!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Umm sweetie what are YOU talking about? 2 thumbs down? I can't stand Scott Savol or Constatine, or Bo's performances but I know they all can sing and people prefer that type of music with POP ROCK. I wouldn't pay a dime to see or listen to any of them and that is the same feeling I have with with several others idols in the top 16. That is just my preference but I know they all can sing but just not my cup of tea. I am not going to sit here and say I CRINGE at their parts, they are not entertaining, or whatever when I know they have fans who enjoy what they do. The same goes for NIKKO. Who in my opinion is unfairly bashed by you.

Beauty is in the eye of the boholder and Nikko IS VERY ATTRACTIVE and the brother is hella talented..I know you are biased with regards to your favorites but you need to clean the wax out of your ears because nikko is CUTE, HE IS ENTERTAINING and HE CAN SANG!! He is one of the top 3 singers in this competition so he won't be going ANYWHERE especially if he knocks it out the ballpark tonight!
    Last edited by Kinona; 03-07-2005 at 05:33 AM.

I thought Nikko was weaker this week. He pulled it out coming to like the last of half of the song and he is still my favourite guy left, but I am a little worried for him.

Nikko has a good voice.

But i wish he'd stop tackling the legends and, honestly, not making their songs his own or doing them justice (in my opinion).

First Stevie Wonder, then Marvin Gaye, then Ray Charles.

Although he sort-of changed up "Georgia" at the end, on the whole he's tried to sing these songs like the originals, and while he's good (and I know I've said this on other threads), his voice is NOT legendary or up to the task of filling those shoes!

Anwar also takes on classic songs, but creates his own rendition of them. He wasn't trying to BE Marvin or Louis.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Actually, I thought Nikko did an excellent job last night. I was in the other room when I heard him singing, and had to rush in to see who was doing such a great job with "Georgia". I was pleasantly surprised to see it was Nikko. I hope he keeps up the good work.

+ Reply to Thread