+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikko Smith

Ron's the name. The hat & glasses were ugly then & their ugle now. Nikko's my boy, but I just don't get the hat choices. Kinda St. Louis Country if you ask me.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I tohught he was very good last night.
    I don't know where Simon's opinion that he gave a "back-up singer" performance came from. You'd audition many a back-up singer before you found anyone with the range and power Nikko showed last night.
    I agree. After re-watching the show, I think Nikko had the best performance of the night. I even had the song running through my head for the rest of the day. Damn you Nikko! Anyway, I usually don't like guys who sing with that high-pitched style, but I can't deny that Nikko really tore it up. He's my favorite guy so far.

I just hope he loses those ridiculous hats. He's got a small enough head as it is.

I agree that Nikko has an exceptionally good voice when singing high. Usually a guy singing so high grates on my nerves, but he does it pure enough (I guess) that I can listen to it, and even enjoy it. But I do think Simon was somewhat right about something special missing. Nikko is a good singer, and he appears to be a very nice guy, but does he have the x-factor? I am not sure.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I agree that Nikko has an exceptionally good voice when singing high. Usually a guy singing so high grates on my nerves, but he does it pure enough (I guess) that I can listen to it, and even enjoy it. But I do think Simon was somewhat right about something special missing. Nikko is a good singer, and he appears to be a very nice guy, but does he have the x-factor? I am not sure.

I really like Nikko. I think if I were to place him as a vocalist he would def. be 3rd or 4th.

I'm not a huge fan of Mario though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    You guys don't remember the St. Louis audition where he was introduced as the son of baseball hall of famer Ozzie Smith? He looks just like his father.

He's one in the same! Just as St. Louis is pulling for Aloha, they're also pulling for Ozzie's son.

(he should do a backflip during a performance! haha!)
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I agree. I never liked the high singing guys on previous editions, but I really liked Nikko's performance. I put him at number 3 that night (behind Anwar and Bo, but not by that much).

If he continues solidly, I think he will do well despite limited exposure in the auditions.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    I remember him only because he's Ozzie Smith's son. Otherwise, there's nothing memorable about this guy. He won't reach the top twelve.
    I am hoping you are wrong on this one. If he makes it past this week, maybe he can sneak in the top 6 males.

He had another great performance this week. Go Nikko!

Ozzie III surprised me this week. Week 1 didn't impress me much, but this week he was pretty darned good. Not "Bo" good, but better than anyone else besides.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I hope he keeps stepping it up a bit every week. There is something about him that wows me.

+ Reply to Thread