+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Nikko Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Yes, kids do see worse things but this group of Moms had little kids and they discussed this matter. I was just trying to answer one of the reasons Nikko didn't last a longer period of time. His action(s) was reported in the media and at other forums.

Belt buckle? hehehe...he sure wears his pants low. Awww...I'm just teasin'.
    I agree with you on this one. He seems like a very nice young man and may go very far. Many crotch grabbers have. That doesn't make it any more appealing to us older folks though, does it?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/152...headlines=true

BEVERLY HILLS, California — "American Idol" fans were shocked when suave R&B crooner Nikko Smith was ejected from last year's competition. But nearly a year after his departure, the "Comeback Kid" — so dubbed by judge Paula Abdul is by no means down for the count.

Smith, son of Hall of Fame shortstop Ozzie Smith, was sent packing not once but twice during season four's competition. He missed placing in the top 12 by a nose but was brought back a few weeks later when audience favorite Mario Vazquez left the show for personal reasons.

These days Smith is finishing up his debut album, tentatively titled Got to Getcha. He says he hopes to release the disc by the end of summer on his own record label, the N Music Group, which he launched late last year.

"I've got a team of people [from my hometown, St. Louis,] trying to do their thing [on the album]," the 23-year-old Smith explained."

Smith has signed three up-and-coming artists to his label, including rapper D-Miles, singer/songwriter Kane and fellow R&B singer Alanna. He says he started the label because he wanted to be his own boss and to retain creative control over his protégés' projects.

Both D-Miles and Kane appear on the singer's debut single, "Getcha," a club track infused with thumping beats and smooth rhymes.

"Tell me, are you feeling my flow?/ 'Cause if you want to we can get out on the floor/ So get your body moving/ Don't be scared/ Just lose it to the sexy music, baby," Smith croons on the track. It's a big departure from his squeaky-clean "Idol" image.

"You can't really get buck wild and say what you want to say on a family show like that," Smith said. "This album will give you a bit more insight into who I am, what I do and the music I love. [It's] a little edgier."

Still, Smith isn't veering too far from his "Idol" roots. He's been talking with former "Idol" contestants Anwar Robinson and Scott Savol about some potential collaborations.

"I want to get [them] on [the album], but it's something I'm still working on," he said.

Smith wrote most of the tracks on the disc with friends. The tunes, he says, "have a lot to do with love and relationships, breakups and make-ups," he said.

Smith also wants to write a book based on his experiences growing up in St. Louis and to try his hand at acting. But for now, he says, he's remaining focused on his true passion: singing.

"I'm just taking it slow right now and [doing] one thing at a time," Smith said. "I'm going to start with the music and then start building from that."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Still, Smith isn't veering too far from his "Idol" roots. He's been talking with former "Idol" contestants Anwar Robinson and Scott Savol about some potential collaborations.

"I want to get [them] on [the album], but it's something I'm still working on," he said.
    Any album with Scott on it is an album I will definately buy.

FORT Fogey
    I always loved Anwar. Scott....not so much. Still, he/they'd be an interesting mix worth some attention.

I'm of the opinion that it probably isn't such a bad thing to lose on Idol. Caery and Kelly are the only two who have completely taken off.

+ Reply to Thread