+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikalah Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i was just coming here to say that. i actually LOVE mikalah. she's my favorite so far. i have loved her personality. she's just cute and quirky with a surprisingly soulful voice.

It is nice to see somebody with a personality.

I live in a Magical place called "New Jersey"
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Umm, Aunt Frannie? Does she remind anyone else of Fran Drescher?
    Oh my god! That's exactly who I thought of as soon as I heard her! I'm so glad I'm not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Hmmm...she could do far worse than being compared to Streisand. She's a beautiful young woman, and I think her energy is endearing. This little girl has a bright future.
    yeah, i don't think her voice is streisand caliber, but her look and personality reminds me SO much of young streisand in her movie roles. i hope she does really well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Oh my god! That's exactly who I thought of as soon as I heard her! I'm so glad I'm not alone!
    Me too!!! ^^
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by balladman
    God help us if Mikalah ever becomes the winner. I'll be a big time travesty.
    You will be?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    You will be?
    I meant It'll be, but come to think of it, I'll be too, because I'm beginning to like her purely for entertainment value.

FORT Fogey
    She is a compelling 16 year old. Her personality on someone 28 would not read the same. I liked her more when I saw her reserve in front of the judges before being told she made it. Her responses were very mature and real.

Once that piece of news was out she lost me. Fabulous to be excited but when she goes over the top it is uncomfortable to watch. What stunned me the most was her hug to the judges. If one were compelled and felt that comfort to offer a hug, give one. A genuine showing of affection. Her hugs were akin to assault! That nervous, grabbing too hard, squeeling does not read genuine emotion.

I think there is a part of her who has to be the ditzy character and it escapes her that we only want to see who she really is and that will be even better. She has probably gotten many strokes for being this way and continues to go for it.

She will mature and with some introspection, tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    She is a compelling 16 year old. Her personality on someone 28 would not read the same. I liked her more when I saw her reserve in front of the judges before being told she made it. Her responses were very mature and real.

Once that piece of news was out she lost me. Fabulous to be excited but when she goes over the top it is uncomfortable to watch. What stunned me the most was her hug to the judges. If one were compelled and felt that comfort to offer a hug, give one. A genuine showing of affection. Her hugs were akin to assault! That nervous, grabbing too hard, squeeling does not read genuine emotion.

I think there is a part of her who has to be the ditzy character and it escapes her that we only want to see who she really is and that will be even better. She has probably gotten many strokes for being this way and continues to go for it.

She will mature and with some introspection, tone it down.
    She's only 16, isn't she? Expect her to behave maturely and you'll be disappointed. Her bubbling personality is part of who she is for now - she's a teenager, and behaves like lots of giggly adolescent girls I've known.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    She's only 16, isn't she? Expect her to behave maturely and you'll be disappointed. Her bubbling personality is part of who she is for now - she's a teenager, and behaves like lots of giggly adolescent girls I've known.
    That is why I began my post saying she was a compelling 16 year old!

FORT Fan
    Man i hope she doesnt make it farther to the top 12. With her attitude she shold be in a over the top broadway show. It's like she's doing a skit when she opens her mouth. very fake, but fine for broadway.

+ Reply to Thread