+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Janay Castine

Leo
    Premium Member
    She reminds me a lot of Camile Velasco from last season... and not in a good way. She is so nervous out there, her performances are almost painful to watch. She should not have stayed this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    She reminds me a lot of Camile Velasco from last season... and not in a good way. She is so nervous out there, her performances are almost painful to watch. She should not have stayed this week.
    My thoughts exactly. I wish people would do her a favor and stop voting for her. If she has a chance to mature, she might do very well.

I dunno. I thought she sounded good last week. Strong voice, a little naive, but better than several other singers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I'm totally reminded of Camile as well... Not only do they seem to have similar styles, but like you said both are so nervous that they were painful to watch. Another big similarity is they both have/had stubborn fan bases who are keeping them in the competition much longer than they should be. No way should Janay have outlasted Aloha...

Kao
    I really want this girl to do better, I really do. I think actually looking comfortable doing the songs will help her a long way. In her defense though, she might not have a lot of experience performing in public.

I loved how she changed the lyrics in the song to:

"So I went to Neman Marcus on a shopping spree, and on the way I grabbed Miss Paula & Mikalah"

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I loved how she changed the lyrics in the song to:

"So I went to Neman Marcus on a shopping spree, and on the way I grabbed Miss Paula & Mikalah"
    Thanks for bringing that up! I was wondering how Mikalah got in there!

I personally think the judges had never heard the song before and misjudged her on it.. I downloaded the mp3 and it is completely on-pitch. The judges are losing it! Janay is the best!
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety
    I personally think the judges had never heard the song before and misjudged her on it.. I downloaded the mp3 and it is completely on-pitch. The judges are losing it! Janay is the best!

yeah she sounded just like the song, but she just looked scaired. Randy have heard the soung but I dont think paula or simon have.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I just can't believe Janay is still in it!!! She has 9 lives!!! I don't think its fair that she got to stay and Aloha had to go. In fact, I was very angry abouyt this!! Janay better hit a home run performance tonight or else its over for her!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast