+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

From what I've read on another site it was Ryan and not Constantine who said the "stick to rapping" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoku
    Wow... as in the bad way... I can't believe that Simon still tried to save him. The judges are trying to push him through so much. His song was all together pitchy and out of tune. When he sings, he seems to mush his words together. I hope he gets off on Wednesday...
    Ugh... I agree, but unfortunately I have the feeling that the fan base is going to push him through just as much as John the Crooner last year. :phhht

I just can't see the charisma that everyone is seeing in Constantine. Perhaps I'm too old and jaded at the tender age of 36. I just don't like this guy. Not in the least.

Bo was definetly better vocally, but, as Simon said, he and Constantine will most likely get more votes. If one gets more than the other, it will be Constantine simply because he has more fans.

His ability to work the camera and the audience definitely come out in his favor

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    He said "stick to rapping" to Randy. He wasn't being rude, he was being funny.
    Funnygirl, I would agree with you if Randy was a Rap Artist, however he is not. I didn't find anything funny about it. It was a very stereotypical comment, and it was obvious to me that both Randy and Paula caught it, but blew it off very nicely. I thought Constantine was a much more charismatic person than Bo until that moment. Quite frankly I lost respect for him on that one. OK coming down from the now.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ugh... I agree, but unfortunately I have the feeling that the fan base is going to push him through just as much as John the Crooner last year. :phhht

I just can't see the charisma that everyone is seeing in Constantine. Perhaps I'm too old and jaded at the tender age of 36. I just don't like this guy. Not in the least.

Not a big fan of this guy. Haven't really liked him that much since day one... however, they're definitely pushing him. And last night, he just wasn't that good. I would definitely put him in the bottom 4 for the night... however, it's almost guarenteed that his already massive fanbase will force him through.

Constantine did an "okay" job. He could have done better. I just cant imagine him representing America as the next American Idol.... Maybe its just me....

Fade to black
    I like him.

Liked him even more after watching this clip:

http://www.prayforthesoulofbetty.com.../sallylive.mov

He definitely makes the girls scream (at least in this video) and I think his voice might be underrated rather than overrated.

The song in this video is good (outside of the one time his guitar player tries and provide some backup vocals). I'd buy a Pray for the soul of betty CD based on it.

Hey Mantenna.

While Constantine doesn't have the best voice, when I watch him he captivates me. There is just something about him that pulls me in when he is performing. There might have been a few pitch issues, they weren't very evident to me until I listened back to them on mp3.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolBud123
    While Constantine doesn't have the best voice, when I watch him he captivates me. There is just something about him that pulls me in when he is performing.
    That is exactly what my mom said the other day. She doesn't think he's the best vocally but there is "something" about him.

I just don't get the "Constantine" factor. He does nothing for me physically or vocally. By the way, IdolBud, I LOVE your signature regarding L.L.

+ Reply to Thread