+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

I loved Constantine's performance this week. When I heard he was going to sing I think I Love You I couldn't imagine why, but I was wowed by his version. Constantine has always been my favorite, and he just keeps getting better week after week. There's no way he going to win, especially since Simon is pimping his favs, but he's safe for the time being. I have my fingers crossed for him every week. He's such a sexy beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi
    To begin with, Nadia was in the bottom two/three for one reason alone...her mention of MARIO. The producers are just letting her know that she blew it for showing her loyalties to the WRONG side.

This week was the first time that I have liked Constantine. Now, I didn't like his performance, but I truly enjoyed his sense of humor in his song choice and his ballsy execution of it. Week from now his choice might be AI suicide however, this early in the competition, he can get away with it. Fans of David Cassidy probably loved that he chose the song, while DC haters most likely enjoyed his parody of the genre. I laughed throughout the entire performance!

I hardly think that is why Nadia was in the bottom two this week...

But, back to Constantine...tongue in cheek or not, I enjoyed his rendition of "I Think I Love You"...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I loved Constantine's performance this week. When I heard he was going to sing I think I Love You I couldn't imagine why, but I was wowed by his version.
    I think he sang the Partridge Famiy's "I Think I Love You" becasue he was just prooving to the fans and judges that hes just not "the rocker" but he is "Constantine" and that he should be just be known as Constantine and not "the rocker. I also think he sang this just to have fun and prove he can sing other songs that arent just rock. I think he will go far in this competition because he has showmanship,charisma, is fun to watch, and has a great voice.Thats why I hate Simon and Randy sometimes, because they always consider him the rocker and not constantine.
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

I think you may be on to something. Constantine has to know by now that he's absolutely got to carve out a niche for himself as something other than the loser of the "Rocker Bowl". So he's trying out heartthrob (and it's working) and he's trying out funny guy and it's kinda sorta working a little bit with some people.

I don't think Connie ever really was a real rocker - and I'm not even sure that's really the label he chose for himself. He's an actor/singer who does a lot of musical theatre and fronts a rock band. He didn't sing a rock song at his audition. He told the Jaded Journalist he thought it was kind of odd that everybody thought he was this big heavy metal guy, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't want to limit himself to one style of music. It's AI that played up the rocker connection to the exclusion of all else for good TV.

Constantine

Constantine...

I THINK I LOVE YOU!!!

awesome job on the song, i voted for you.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    I think you may be on to something. Constantine has to know by now that he's absolutely got to carve out a niche for himself as something other than the loser of the "Rocker Bowl". So he's trying out heartthrob (and it's working) and he's trying out funny guy and it's kinda sorta working a little bit with some people.

I don't think Connie ever really was a real rocker - and I'm not even sure that's really the label he chose for himself. He's an actor/singer who does a lot of musical theatre and fronts a rock band. He didn't sing a rock song at his audition. He told the Jaded Journalist he thought it was kind of odd that everybody thought he was this big heavy metal guy, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't want to limit himself to one style of music. It's AI that played up the rocker connection to the exclusion of all else for good TV.
    He sang Aerosmith at his audition. What's the name of that song....is it Crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    He sang Aerosmith at his audition. What's the name of that song....is it Crazy?
    I think it's crying

OK, boot me off, lose your respect for me (if you had any), but as I told dh the other night, I'd vote for Constantine if he just stood there. I'm truly smitten.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

FORT Fogey
    Totally agree with you, tracylee. Eventhough he is not the strongest vocalist in the competition, he has a definite charm! I am really impressed with most of the candidates this season.

YEAH!!! I am so glad to see the site back up and running - without losing "the thread!" At least I was able to see all the yummy pictures over on the Betty board.
    Phew... now I have more places to poke around!!!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 04-01-2005 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Removed link to message board
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

+ Reply to Thread