+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1230
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

  1. #601
    Livin' the life Dinahann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Small Town USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,067
    I loved Constantine's performance this week. When I heard he was going to sing I think I Love You I couldn't imagine why, but I was wowed by his version. Constantine has always been my favorite, and he just keeps getting better week after week. There's no way he going to win, especially since Simon is pimping his favs, but he's safe for the time being. I have my fingers crossed for him every week. He's such a sexy beast!

  2. #602
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi
    To begin with, Nadia was in the bottom two/three for one reason alone...her mention of MARIO. The producers are just letting her know that she blew it for showing her loyalties to the WRONG side.

    This week was the first time that I have liked Constantine. Now, I didn't like his performance, but I truly enjoyed his sense of humor in his song choice and his ballsy execution of it. Week from now his choice might be AI suicide however, this early in the competition, he can get away with it. Fans of David Cassidy probably loved that he chose the song, while DC haters most likely enjoyed his parody of the genre. I laughed throughout the entire performance!

    I hardly think that is why Nadia was in the bottom two this week...

    But, back to Constantine...tongue in cheek or not, I enjoyed his rendition of "I Think I Love You"...

  3. #603
    FORT Newbie Gionta1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I loved Constantine's performance this week. When I heard he was going to sing I think I Love You I couldn't imagine why, but I was wowed by his version.
    I think he sang the Partridge Famiy's "I Think I Love You" becasue he was just prooving to the fans and judges that hes just not "the rocker" but he is "Constantine" and that he should be just be known as Constantine and not "the rocker. I also think he sang this just to have fun and prove he can sing other songs that arent just rock. I think he will go far in this competition because he has showmanship,charisma, is fun to watch, and has a great voice.Thats why I hate Simon and Randy sometimes, because they always consider him the rocker and not constantine.
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

  4. #604
    FORT Fan abrahammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    337
    I think you may be on to something. Constantine has to know by now that he's absolutely got to carve out a niche for himself as something other than the loser of the "Rocker Bowl". So he's trying out heartthrob (and it's working) and he's trying out funny guy and it's kinda sorta working a little bit with some people.

    I don't think Connie ever really was a real rocker - and I'm not even sure that's really the label he chose for himself. He's an actor/singer who does a lot of musical theatre and fronts a rock band. He didn't sing a rock song at his audition. He told the Jaded Journalist he thought it was kind of odd that everybody thought he was this big heavy metal guy, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't want to limit himself to one style of music. It's AI that played up the rocker connection to the exclusion of all else for good TV.

  5. #605
    FORT Newbie strawberry71468's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    45
    Posts
    19

    Constantine

    Constantine...

    I THINK I LOVE YOU!!!

    awesome job on the song, i voted for you.

  6. #606
    You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    I think you may be on to something. Constantine has to know by now that he's absolutely got to carve out a niche for himself as something other than the loser of the "Rocker Bowl". So he's trying out heartthrob (and it's working) and he's trying out funny guy and it's kinda sorta working a little bit with some people.

    I don't think Connie ever really was a real rocker - and I'm not even sure that's really the label he chose for himself. He's an actor/singer who does a lot of musical theatre and fronts a rock band. He didn't sing a rock song at his audition. He told the Jaded Journalist he thought it was kind of odd that everybody thought he was this big heavy metal guy, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't want to limit himself to one style of music. It's AI that played up the rocker connection to the exclusion of all else for good TV.
    He sang Aerosmith at his audition. What's the name of that song....is it Crazy?

  7. #607
    Don't call me Nelly jasminefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    He sang Aerosmith at his audition. What's the name of that song....is it Crazy?
    I think it's crying

  8. #608
    Mmmmmm, cheese tracylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    online - is there anywhere else?
    Age
    48
    Posts
    594
    OK, boot me off, lose your respect for me (if you had any), but as I told dh the other night, I'd vote for Constantine if he just stood there. I'm truly smitten.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

    CurvesForum

  9. #609
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    peaceful north
    Posts
    575
    Totally agree with you, tracylee. Eventhough he is not the strongest vocalist in the competition, he has a definite charm! I am really impressed with most of the candidates this season.

  10. #610
    Diet Coke Addict Dicechick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Vegas, baby!!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    264
    YEAH!!! I am so glad to see the site back up and running - without losing "the thread!" At least I was able to see all the yummy pictures over on the Betty board.
    Phew... now I have more places to poke around!!!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 04-01-2005 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Removed link to message board
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.