+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasteroven1973
    Constantine did a good job the other night. One of his best peformances by far. Lets be honest though. If this guy wasnt attractive he wouldn't have made it to this stage ny a long shot. He is one of the least talented singers left and he has zero chance of winning AI 4 in my opinion.
    I think talent covers a lot of areas. First of all, Constantine is a much better singer than he is getting credit for. I thought his Kiss From a Rose was truly awesome. Randy called it out of tune, and Constantine has been criticized ever since.

And besides that, he is unbelievably appealing to a lot of people. That is part of being a star. A big part. Sure, if he wasn't good-looking he might not be there. But he is, and that's what makes him so popular.
    Last edited by jocelyns; 03-25-2005 at 08:10 PM.

The theory is that Constantine is only popular because he is good-looking?

Constantine has perpetually messy hair, yellow teeth, is slightly overweight, and has a very bad habit of making funny faces.

Joseph Murena was one good-looking guy. Absolutely Ken-doll perfect.

Which one of these men has made a bigger impression in this competition?

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    The theory is that Constantine is only popular because he is good-looking?

Constantine has perpetually messy hair, yellow teeth, is slightly overweight, and has a very bad habit of making funny faces.

Joseph Murena was one good-looking guy. Absolutely Ken-doll perfect.

Which one of these men has made a bigger impression in this competition?
    I think this is just an example of subjectivity. I think Joesph Murena looked somewhat like someone had stuck an air pump into his lips and decided to have some fun. My aunt, though, a 38 year old woman, votes CONSTANTLY for Constantine at least 100 times a week. She is just passionate about Constantine and his "good looks." I'm male, I guess I don't get it.

Constantine is without a doubt the best entertainer on the show. Maybe Bo and Nadia challenge him there. No one has as much fun or looks as much into the song as he does. I think that is why he keeps pushing onward.

Even if you didn't like his last song choice, what he did with the song and how he sang it was really, really fun to watch.

I think I figured it out why his hair looks greasy sometimes. I was noticing these last couple of nights how shiny his hair is. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but when you throw in the fact that his roots are darker than the rest of his hair (highlights growing out) it makes it look like the top is greasy or wet, since hair is darker when it's wet and greasy hair starts from the scalp. I don't know how well I did at explaining that, but it makes sense to me. (I also have highlights growing out and sometimes my hair looks greasy when it's not.)
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

The more I listen to his performances, the more I like them.

I just watched the Elimidate video. First things first. He looks hot. Really really (really really) cute. I'm talking runway beautiful. Wow. And very young. He looks like he's around 22. But since Elimidate has only been around since 2001, he couldn't be any younger than 25. Does anyone know? There seems to be conflicting information. He also acts very young. Restless, arrogant, cocky, attention hungry. And not particularly romantic. He chose to "serenade" the girl by screaming at her two inches from her face. Twice. Ha. But at least he was basically respectful of her (unlike the guy who showed her his "talent" by kissing her passionately in front of the other guys :rolleyes , or the other guy who dropped his pants in front of her :rolleyes ). One surprising thing was there were not one, but several speculations that he's gay. (?) Never even occured to me. I like Older Constantine's personality a lot better, but he sure was purdy back then.

Constantines song choice....

I think he sang the Partridge Famiy's "I Think I Love You" becasue he was just prooving to the fans and judges that hes just not "the rocker" but he is "Constantine" and that he should be just be known as Constantine and not "the rocker. I also think he sang this just to have fun and prove he can sing other songs that arent just rock. I think he will go far in this competition because he has showmanship,charisma, is fun to watch, and has a great voice.Thats why I hate Simon and Randy sometimes, because they always consider him the rocker and not constantine.
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

Perhaps this thread topic should be merged with the Constantine thread.

Agreed, and agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasteroven1973
    Constantine did a good job the other night. One of his best peformances by far. Lets be honest though. If this guy wasnt attractive he wouldn't have made it to this stage ny a long shot. He is one of the least talented singers left and he has zero chance of winning AI 4 in my opinion.
    My opinion for what it's worth is that I find Bo extremely unattractive, though many others do and he made it to the stage. And actually, I think Constantine has the better voice because his is the more versatile of the two. Don't think Bo does well with ballads, at least for me, as he did nothing for me during his rendition of "I'll Be" and "Time In A Bottle". And Constantine takes risks. And I think it is not necessarily his physical on the surface attraction, but his performance that makes him attractive. He has great stage presence and he is chatty. The media loves this kind of stuff which should be evidenced by the real results of AI2.

I do agree that he won't win AI4 because it is already pre-ordained, if you ask me. It will be between Carrie and Bo. But that is okay with me. Who wants him to get stuck with an Idol contract? Not me.

Constantine may not be the most talented singer, but he is not the least talented singer among them either...by a long shot. I can think of at least 5 or 6 others that fit the bill, in my opinion.
    Last edited by MamasCats; 03-26-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    And so it goes.

+ Reply to Thread