+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 123 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constantine Maroulis

Hi

I usually don't vote until nearer the end but for some reason last night I felt motivated to vote for Connie. My daughter has been sending in one text vote for us each week up until now. Anyway, I dialed constantly for about 15 minutes only getting connected a couple of times. After that, for the next hour I got connected most of the time with only a couple of busy signals. After the first hour I pretty much got through every time I dialed. Is this a bad sign?
    I thought it would be harder to connect.
    I have mixed reactions to Con up til now but I LOVED his voice in RENT as did my college aged daughter and we both are really tired of the cookie cutter boring ballad singers and want to see something more interesting. Would be bored to death with the show with out him even tho I agree that some of the singers are more technically proficient.
    Don't really see him as a poodle...more like a feisty terrier with a sly little secret. (like he is stealing shoes from the neighbors!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    He's safe. No doubt about it. He'll be in it, I say, until atleast top 5.
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Newbie
    I just happened on this thread and felt I needed to post. I haven't been following it, and I haven't read ALL 29 pages of replies so sorry if things have already been said (which I figure they have....but let me have my say :phhht )

I've been a big fan of Constantine's since I came across a CD by "Pray for the soul of Betty"......

Major bonus points for liking the group Betty!
    Constantine is the LEAD vocal of this awesome band based in New York! (You can't be TOO big a fan if you didn't know this)
    Betty is a "rock" group so I'm guessing this is why Constantine labled himself as a Rocker. I think its great though that he doesn't feel bound by this label and explores other genres of music.

I think he has that **IT** factor and I predict he'll go far. Although I don't think he'll win, I'm definetaly rootin' for him!

He said "stick to rapping" to Randy. He wasn't being rude, he was being funny.
    Just wanted to point out that it WAS Ryan Seacrest that said this. I was surprised when I heard that everybody thought it was Constantine who said it. I heard Ryan say it.....not Constantine.....
    Ryan Seacrest did appologize, and admit to saying it.

FORT Fan
    It was tough to tell initially who said "Stick to rapping" because they didn't show the face of the person who said it, but you're right, Ryan Seacrest did clarify that he had made the comment.

CAn someone please tell me what the judges said to Constantine last night, the re -do of the show. I could not watch and am away form home and my tivo until next week. Also did he sing again or did htey show the night befores again?

Thankyou

FORT Fan
    Simon said: If I come back in another life, I want you to be wearing a leather jacket and I'd like to be your poodle. (not sure what it meant) while we listen to Donnie Osmond together.

Paula said: I was listening to a tape of your performance in the car the other day and I almost forgot to look at the traffic in front of me. But I get it....you're doing a parody here and girls love you just like David Cassidy, which if you read some excerpts from his biography, you might want to hire a couple criminal defense lawyers and have regular medical testing once we send you out on tour. I just wanted to say I produced a Danny Bonaduce album once and he would be proud of you.

Randy said: Yo Dawg, it was awright man....It was a little pitchy..but you had it going there. But I'm not sure about the song choice....something like this, everyone will be comparing your voice to David CAssidy's and no one's going to come off well doing that. I mean even David Cassidy's voice was echoplexed....Simon, could I ask you to leave my leather jacket alone....it's like you used it to paper train your dog with it or something and I know you're the one who messed with my microphone four weeks ago....

Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    Simon said: If I come back in another life, I want you to be wearing a leather jacket and I'd like to be your poodle. (not sure what it meant) while we listen to Donnie Osmond together.

Paula said: I was listening to a tape of your performance in the car the other day and I almost forgot to look at the traffic in front of me. But I get it....you're doing a parody here and girls love you just like David Cassidy, which if you read some excerpts from his biography, you might want to hire a couple criminal defense lawyers and have regular medical testing once we send you out on tour. I just wanted to say I produced a Danny Bonaduce album once and he would be proud of you.

Randy said: Yo Dawg, it was awright man....It was a little pitchy..but you had it going there. But I'm not sure about the song choice....something like this, everyone will be comparing your voice to David CAssidy's and no one's going to come off well doing that. I mean even David Cassidy's voice was echoplexed....Simon, could I ask you to leave my leather jacket alone....it's like you used it to paper train your dog with it or something and I know you're the one who messed with my microphone four weeks ago....
    I feel like I have entered an alternate universe. Can anbody help me here? It is hard enough to decipher the reality of all this reality TV when faced with the "evidence" before my eyes. But by proxy it becomes quite impossible. Help me, throw a life line someone please.

FORT Fan
    OK, Candybar, Boskeroo was being funny.

They showed Constantine's clip from the night before (Tuesday night). Simon's comment was brought up again about the "ordering a guard dog and getting a poodle in a leather jacket." Other than that, I don't recall any dramatic new comments from the judges.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    CAn someone please tell me what the judges said to Constantine last night, the re -do of the show. I could not watch and am away form home and my tivo until next week. Also did he sing again or did htey show the night befores again?

Thankyou
    They replayed the tape from the night before. Ryan questioned Simon about what he meant by his poodle comment, and Simon said that since Constantine is from a heavy rock band, it would be like hearing Metallica play the Osmond Bros. greatest hits.

Paula then said that Randy and Simon didn't get it, Constantine was being tongue-in-cheek. He was paying homage to David Cassidy, a 70's teen idol whose picture was on the bedroom wall of every teenage girl, including hers.

Then Randy and Simon threw their hands up and said, "Oh, that was it!", rather sarcastically.

Ryan Seacrest then asked Constantine why he chose the song, and he said it was a great song, and yes, he was trying to show a little sense of humor. Ryan then asked Randy if he got it now, and Randy sat there stone-faced waving his arms as if he was above it all, looking rather like an ass, I thought.

FORT Regular
    P.S. Boskeroo, that was really funny! You should start your own "unreality recaps" site.

+ Reply to Thread